6- Huh?

A/N- EARLY UPDATE BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE THE SWEETEST FREAKING PEOPLE EVER LIKE OML. I LOVED YA'LL A FREAKING LOT BEFORE BUT AFTER THE NOTE THAT I POSTED....AHHHH YOUR RESPONSES LITERALLY MADE ME CRY!!! If you guys ever need help with anything don't be afraid to message me! I'd love to be your Internet Mom and give you advice haha! (Funny story about that at the end of the chapter) I may not be able to always give advice, but I'm always here to listen ♡

At first, there was nothing. Everything was black and silent. But then, I heard sounds. I was near a road; I heard the cars driving by and the occasional honk of an angry driver.

Slowly my vision started to return. Where am I? I'm...in a parking lot, the one in front of my apartment complex. I looked down at my clothes and I was once again wearing my gray t-shirt, camouflage jacket, black skinny jeans, and I felt my black snapback sitting on top of my head. I missed my hat. I was holding something in my hand; my car keys.

I looked up and sure enough there sat my crappy old truck in my usual parking spot, no signs of a wreck whatsoever. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the date.

February 23, 2016. The day I died. Or did I? I'm outside the apartment right now...my phone ringing in my hand caught me off guard. It was Austin, the manger at the coffee shop. With shaking hands I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Josh! Oh thank God it wasn't you!"

"Huh?"

"Ryan just came into the shop and said there was a really bad wreck at the stop light and one of the cars was a black truck. I know that's what you drive so I wanted to call and make sure it wasn't you!"

"Uh, no," not this time anyways, "I'm fine."

"Good, good. Go ahead and come on in, just take the back roads so you can avoid that intersection while they clear things up."

"Ok."

"Great see you in a bit." I heard Austin hang up the phone.

I stood in the parking lot and just looked around. I'm alive again, it's like nothing ever happened. Does that mean that Tyler succeeded?

Tyler! Where is he? Is he ok? Does he remember what happened too? What about Pete and Patrick, are they still gone?

I decided to go ahead and go into work and do my shift and try to figure things out later. I climbed into my truck and remembered to turn the volume down this time before I turned on the truck so I didn't burst my ear drums.

I took the familiar back way to the coffee shop and pulled into one of the employee parking spaces. When I walked into the store I took a long deep breath, I missed this smell. I looked up at the spot where Tyler had said Austin hung a picture of me, but all that was there was the usual picture of coffee beans.

I went around the back of the counter, went to the back room, said hey to Austin, shrugged off my jacket, and pulled on the black apron with my name tag attached to it. I grabbed my towel and threw it over my shoulder and made my way back out into the main part of the store.

Even though this all felt so natural to me, it also felt...wrong. I felt like I was supposed to be back in the apartment training with Dallon or talking with Tyler. Will Dallon remember what happened? Or Brendon?

I heard the sound of the bell above the door ringing out as someone entered the building. I looked up, and there was Brendon. He walked up to the register where I was, his eyes showed no sign of recognition.