Craving Blue

I wake up, fitfully trying to fall back asleep. My stomach growls, and I realized that I'm hungry. I'm craving blueberries. I get up and flick my lamp on. I then shrug on sweatpants and a T-shirt.

I know that my fridge doesn't have any blueberries, but I tear the fridge apart looking for them anyways. I sigh in frustration when I find that there aren't  any.

I grab my keys, knowing that I won't be able to fall asleep again until I get my blueberries. I set my purse into the passenger seat and start up my car's engine.

The time flies by. I'm tired, but hunger wins out my needs. Soon enough, my car is illuminated by the store's glowing sign. I rush in, because I'm hungry.

I pick up two cartons of blueberries, holding them up to the light. Which one?

"I'd pick the left one," a deep voice said from behind me. I turned and saw a man with pitch black hair and startling, electric blue eyes.

"I think I'll get the left one," I stammered. I dropped it in my basket. I probably would have bought them both, but this man's fierce stare looked like he would blast me to smithereens if I didn't follow his advice.

He was handsome, but his beauty was more like a staue: to marvel at but not humanly beautiful. He looked similar to Don, and I could tell from the energy that seemed to come off of him in waves, that he was a good. I didn't know which, though.

"Good choice," he said sternly. "Let's cut to the chase. I hear that you are having relations with my brother. What makes you special?"

"I don't know," I replied. My tongue was tied around this good, because I was afraid that I would say something wrong.

"Mmmm," he said. I wouldn't be surprised he conjured a clipboard and started taking notes on my answers and behavior. He was studying me like I was a prize turkey.

"And who are you?" I asked uncertainly.

"Have you not figured it out, child? I am Zeus, lord of the sky, brother of Poseidon." It unnerved me that he called me child. He looked about my age, but I knew that he was actually thousands of years older than me.

I could believe that he was Zeus. His seemingly serious demeanor suited my initial vision of him, although he appeared younger and much different than I imagined. I suppose that if I got to chose between being an old man with cloud beards or a handsome twenty seven year old man, I would chose the latter.

"Well, let's hope that you figure out the answer to my question before you and Poseidon get too... close." He then walked away, leaving me speechless with a basket of blueberries in hand. I was glad my baby bump wasn't showing that badly underneath my large T-shirt, because every word that Zeus had said had given me chills.