Chapter Two

JESSIE

"Why are you following me?" I snap.  

"Well, I just saved your life. You didn't even thank me." I smirk.  

"Thanks. Now go away." Harry's jaw drops open and he stops in his tracks. I keeps walking, my curls bouncing with every step. He grabs my wrist and I'm forced to a stop.  

"What, Harry?"  

"Go on a date with me." 

"Um, no?" 

"Why not?" 

"You really want to know?" 

"Yes!" He practically yells.  

"You're a cocky, know it all and you think you can get any girl you want because you're from a band, and I refuse to let you use me just to get more popular."  

"Where the hell do you get this stuff from?"  

"Every single magazine around the world."  

"You only know what you read about me." He walks away and leaves me standing there, fumbling for a comeback, but he's gone before I think of one.

**

It's a while before I can get the girls out of the club, but I finally manage. We leave the pink bug at the club and they all get into my poor car. I keep praying that nobody throws up.  

"Jess, I'm going to get sick." Somebody moans from the back seat. I think it's Madi. I quickly start to pull over.  

"No, not now, later!" Laney and Lacy laugh obnoxiously loud and I roll my eyes, speeding a bit to get back to my house before later comes.

We burst through my door, hushed giggles come from my friends.  

"Shush! You'll wake my parents up!" Just as I whisper yell it, the kitchen lights flick on and my mom comes out.  

"Where the hell have you girls been? Why do you reek of alcohol?" My mom shouts. I wince.  

"Mom..I can-"  

"Don't even try to explain Jessica. All of you better get up to your room right now before I call your parents, Madison, Laney and Lacy." I mentally groan at the use of my full name, but we all hurry up to my room, just as my 6 month year old brother starts to cry. I hear my mother scream in frustration, and close my door quickly before she catches us still up.

Ever since my dad left us, my mom's been pretty stressed out. My mom was 4 months along when she found out he was having an affair. It almost broke her, but Alex helped her along. That's my brother's name. Alexander. He's really the sweetest thing, but he won't sleep through the night, and hates taking naps. So yes, we're all stressed out at my house, and I like to stay away, just so it's easier for my mom, not having to worry that I'll mess anything up. She likes to do everything by herself, it's a wonder she ever got married.

I stay up that night, thinking about Harry. And even though I don't want to, I think about him. I think about his brown, shiny, soft-looking hair, and bright green eyes that set my world on fire. I wonder if he'll talk to me again. How are we even supposed to talk? I don't even have his number! The fact makes me groan and before I know it I'm sucked into a dream where green eyes dominate my world.

HARRY

I lay in bed that night, next to Zayn. 

"Where'd you wonder off to tonight mate?" He asks in his deep voice. I turn on my side to face him and study his face carefully before talking.  

"I met a girl." There's shock in his eyes and I chuckle humorlessly.  

"What's her name? What's she look like? What's she act like? Give me details, Harry!" His face lights up as he talks, truly excited.  

"Her name is Jesse, but her friends called her Jess. She has gorgeous blue eyes and blonde curls that come down to her shoulders. She's a total bitch, and she shoots a comeback to everything I say. And honestly I don't want to see her again, but there's something pulling her towards me." I finish. Zayn smiles at me.  

"I haven't seen you this excited since before Lo-he died."  

"Say his name Zayn."  

"No." 

"None of us are going to get over it, if we don't except that my best friend died. Say his name." 

"Louis. Louis died." There's an eerie silence and I stare at him, tears stinging my eyes. I twitch my nose and rub my eyes, keeping the tears at bay.  

"I miss him. It's so quiet." Zayn makes a noise of agreement and I fall asleep, thinking of blue eyes from two different people.

The only question that haunts my mind; would Louis approve of her?