Chapter Three

JESSIE

I toss and turn all night, memories from the club turning into my nightmares.

The man grabs my wrist hard, and I jump a little.  

"I think you need to come with me." I smell the alcohol in his breath and look to Harry. I don't know why, but I do. He's talking to the girls. The man yanks roughly on me and drags me along with him until the cold breeze hits my face.

He traps me on the alley wall, slamming me hard into the bricks.  

"You're hot." He tells me in a slur and grabs my ass roughly.  

"Please stop. I don't want you." I yell a little loudly, hoping somebody will hear me.  

"Would you shut up? Get on your knees, whore." He smacks me and I cry.

"Is there a problem here?" Harry. Harry. Harry. I wanted to shout to him. The guy next to me nodded, but the cold tears stream down my face and I shake my head. He strides over to me and reaches out. I grab his hand tightly and he pulls me behind him.

"I'm pretty sure the girl told you to stop." He tells the man whose name is still a mystery. I nod into Harry's back.  

"Come on, we were just having fun, weren't we, sugar?" I wince and shiver at the nickname that'll haunt me forever. Sugar.  

"Go inside, Love." Harry's whispers to me. I nod and he pushes me gently towards the door. I wait until he's turned back towards the man until I turn back around to watch what he's doing.

I can't make out what words are being spoken but Harry rips down the man's hood and his body tenses up. I don't realize what's happening until Harry's fist connects with his nose. They both fall to the ground when the man knocks Harry's legs out from underneath him. Harry rolls onto him and starts pounding his face in. I run towards them, yelling.  

"Harry! Stop! You're killing him!" Harry's head whips to me and he pulls away and spits on the bloodied up man.  

"Don't touch her again." Harry hisses. I tug him away and he follows quietly.

I sit up gasping. I roll over to see all the girls still asleep. I grab my phone off the night stand next to me.  

ONE NEW TEXT.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: 

Hey Love.

I gasp. Could it be?

ME:  

Harry?

UNKNOWN NUMBER:

expecting somebody else?

I quickly save his number, and ignore his question, asking one of my own.

ME: 

why are you still up?

HARRY: 

why are you?

This man is so complicated.

ME: 

are you always such an asshole?

HARRY:  

Are you always such a bitch?

The words sting and I put my phone down, turning back on my side, falling into a dreamless sleep, finally.

HARRY

I wait for her answer to come, but it never does. My fingers hover over the keyboard.

ME:

Look I'm sorry. I don't really know how to act around you.

My phone doesn't buzz again the whole night.  

I know because I don't sleep. I sit there and stare at the wall, wondering how Louis is.  

How is he? I'm acting like he's on vacation.  

He died.  

The faster I accept that the easier it will be on me.  

That's the thing though, I would rather pretend he's on vacation. It hurts to think differently.  

So now I'm hiding from the pain.  

Awesome. Good job Harry.

Louis died. He died of brain cancer. He's gone. He's never coming back.  

He won't be back to play with my curls.  

He won't be back to make me laugh.  

He won't be back to poke at my dimples.  

He is gone. Forever.

That's the thing though, why does Jess remind me so much of him? 

Her snaky comebacks,  

Her sassy attitude,  

Everything about her reminds me of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys!! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I just managed to squeeze this little chapter out of my brain, sorry it's really crappy. I still love you!

you know what to do!! 

vote 

comment

share

fan

love, 

heytherezayn69