Chapter 19

'Kate Middleton AND Jackie Baker Give Birth!'

'Soon after being lit up in all blue, landmarks like Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower, and the United States Capitol Building are aglow in half blue AND half pink!'

'After being an aunt for less than 24 hours, Jacqueline Baker, Duchess of Windsor, went into labor and arrived at the Lindo Wing yesterday, July 23rd, in the early morning. With husband Prince Harry at her side, Buckingham Palace confirms that Jackie gave birth to a healthy baby girl at 2:35 in the afternoon.'

'Both mother and child are healthy, says a Palace aide.'

'Royal experts say it is the first time that two birth announcements have appeared outside of Buckingham Palace at the same time. Baby Cambridge's notice rests on the easel that displayed Prince William's notice in 1982. Baby Windsor's notice is on the easel that held Prince Harry's notice in 1984. Both announcements will remain outside of the palace for 24 hours, then will be sent to the Privy Council (the queen's formal body of advisors, made up of members of parliament).'

'Prince William and Kate Middleton showed off their day-old baby boy, who has yet to be named, on the steps of the Lindo Wing yesterday evening

'Prince William and Kate Middleton showed off their day-old baby boy, who has yet to be named, on the steps of the Lindo Wing yesterday evening. When asked if she had met her niece, new mum (and aunt) Kate Middleton said, "Yes, and she's absolutely beautiful. The sweetest little thing."'

'Dad (and uncle) Prince William says, "It was a fun experience. We were right across the hall from each other, so we all sort of became parents together."'

'Reporters asked the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge if the royal cousins have met. Prince William says, "We introduced them, but neither have opened their eyes."'

'Baby Boy Cambridge is the third in line to the throne, succeeding his grandfather, Prince Charles, and his father. Prince Harry is now fourth in line, and Baby Girl Windsor comes in at fifth in line. Following a new amendment passed by great-grandmum Queen Elizabeth, Baby Girl Windsor will retain her position in line, even if she some day has a younger brother.'

'The Prince of Cambridge was loaded into the car with his parents after a brief photo call. It is expected that the new family will go to their newly renovated home in Norfolk, Anmer Hall.'

'Royal watchers are still eager to get a glimpse of the new princess. It is expected that the Windsors will leave the Lindo Wing later today, and world will finally meet the second bundle of joy.'

---

"I hope all the shouting doesn't wake her up," Jackie said, looking at her sleeping daughter. Mary Catherine Diana- or Mary Kate, as Jackie and Harry had begun to call her- was wrapped up in a white swaddling blanket, a matching hat covering her hair, which, though fine and sparse, appeared to be a beautiful reddish-brown.

"She's been sleeping through all the nurses and doctors coming to check on her," Harry said reassuringly. "And we don't have to talk to them for long."