CHAPTER 10

Dragonpaw had soon woken up from wingpaw's paw steps, sitting up in her nest she saw him bringing her a sparrow from the fresh-kill pile. "Hey your finally awake you were sleeping so i went to get you something to eat." he smiled at her while dragonpaw was starring at the prey infront of her. "Wow wingpaw you didnt have to bring me anything i could have gotten it myself you know?" wingpaw looked at her pawing at the sparrow. "i-i know but you where so tired last night so i just thought maybe i should get her something to eat i insist." Dragonpaw smiled. "Ok ill eat it that was really nice of you anyways." she gulped down the  sparrow. "so do you have any idea on what the prophecy means?" wingpaw meowed, "No i dont think so i didnt see that shadow today maybe that was a one time thing what if it was just a hawk shadow." wingpaw looked at her in pity, "dont say that you saw the shadow thing then it must be true and if the shadow was bigger than a hawk then that thing is huge!" flamestar walked into the apprentices den. "dragonpaw can i speak with you?" she nodded and walked outside. "i just wanted to ask do you know how you got your wings? because its about time i tell you the whole story." wingpaw peeped out from the den, dragonpaw gasped. "Um ok." flamestar shifted his paws then sat down. "Well do you remember what happened to your mother and sister?" she nodded. "yes i do i still wish she was here those mouse brained dogs dont need to live after that." flamestar went on. "well your father wasn't a normal cat and he got treated horrible other cats didn't like him." dragonpaw gave her leader a confused mew. "how was he different?" "he didn't just have starclan as his ancestors he still believes in the cats but the thing about him was that he had dragon ancestors." her and wingpaw gasped at the same time. "Really cool!" he smiled. "yep he was a strong and smart cat and he had wings just like you he used to tell me that cats that where bigger than us used to run right beside real dragons and one of them where one of his family members thats how you got your name he was deputy of my clan but he got killed by a cat that didn't like him they where in this clan but the cat was exiled because of what he did." wingpaw looked at her with a frown on his face. Poor dragonpaw she lost her mother and father! i wish i could help her she looks upset right now. "What!? B-but other cats told me that he left the clan because it was too much stress on him h-he cant be dead he just cant be!?" flamestar had heard the cracking in her sad mews as if she wanted to burst into tears, "im sorry dragonpaw but its true he is with starclan." wingpaw padded out of the apprentices den, he walked over to dragonpaw and nuzzled her. "its ok dragonpaw i bet hes looking down on you right now from starclan." dragonpaw stopped frowning as she saw wingpaw nuzzling her and she started to blush then he backed up. "uhhh heh heh um s-sorry." he started to blush as well. "Its ok and thanks for trying to cheer me up thank you too flamestar." she purred soon a border patrol came running in the camp going for flamestar. "Flamestar dustclan has crossed the border duskstar has threatened the other cats left at the border honeyfern has a gash in her face we need them out of here now!" flamestar told everyone what was happening and the cats that where strong enough ran out to battle. Dragonpaw ran right beside wingpaw until they saw duskclan and there leader and flamestar was furious."Why are you here duskstar?" he responded with a snort. "This cat of yours had wandered into our territory and she was caught stealing prey could you tell me why this weak she-cat was in my territory?!" dragonpaw was starting to get angry. So! That doesn't give him any right to claw half her face off! Flamestar hissed at the leader, "Get out of my territory im sorry that one of my cats crossed your borderlines but it gives you no right to cross ours so i want you to leave NOW!" He gave him a shallow growl as he meowed back. "i dont think your going to get away like that duskclan ATTACK!" the cats flooded into our cats. Flamestar had clawed his opponent's back he got hit in the face and his back foreleg had gotten pulled duskstar had him pinned down, wingpaw saw his leaders back paw bleeding so he ran over and jumped on duskstars back but soon he was thrown into a large stone. "You mouse brain why would you try to fight me!" dragonpaw saw her leaders head bleeding as duskclaw pushed his claws into his scull then she looked over and saw wingpaw lying on the ground with his back scraped on the rock this made her upset and angry. Her pelt flashed with anger soon her eyes where red and so were her wings she ran over to duskstar and pounced on his back slicing his ear, she soon bit his neck. She was going to get thrown off but she grabbed ahold of his tail, she got thrown off his tail and landed on her paws once he turned around he saw flamestar he clawed at his face and flung him across the other side of the borderline. "Now go back to your own territory at once i will talk with my warriors about staying away so get out of here!" Duskstar and his clan ran back towards there territory. Flamestar gathered his clan and he limped back to the camp. dragonpaw had shook wingpaw but he hadn't seemed to move she dragged him back to camp. A few minutes later once all the cats had been treated to dragonpaw walked into the medicine cat den to check on wingpaw. "Hey um you ok." he gave her a low mew. "yea im fine wow you really fight like a warrior!" he started to cough a bit. "well thanks but this is why i hate being a half dragon if i get too upset then ill end up hurting someone really bad i dont want to kill anyone." wingpaw mewed back at her. "dont say that and you did all of that because you wanted to help your clan your leader needed your help and so did i you did this for a good reason and you look nice with red eyes dont get me wrong." he stood up and nuzzled her again, dragonpaw purred and then saw brokenleaf come inside with comfrey roots. "um ok love birds wingpaw needs to rest and dragonpaw i think flamestar wants to speak with you." she was left in shock. "WHAT! Love birds? No way!?!" she started to blush as she padded out of the den as she left wingpaw started to smile as he thought shes gonna go places and i wanna be by her side the whole time.