Chapter 6

I lurked in the shadows. I had to be quiet to avoid any unwanted attention. Right now I was outside Ninoena. Right at the opening to be exact. I would've just gone in but... I have a little problem. Okay, more than one. First off all, everyone inside Ninoena would love to kill me. Second of all, someone is guarding the entrance. Worse; that someone is Oinneah.

Oinneah stood proud in front of the opening. Her long brown hair was in a long braid and her piercing dark eyes were tirelessly looking around for any intruders. I wasn't kidding when I said that Ninoena is a dangerous place...

I let out a breath and tightened my grip on my Mourir blade. I had to get in there somehow but this is the only entrance... Any tips, Eli? I decided to ask Eli for advice. 

"Oh~? Well... Yes." She responded in my head.

Could you tell me...? I kept asking for her advice.

"Hmm... Let me take over? You could easily just ask me to go and get Nia out of there alive with you~! I could do it if you want~!"

I don't know...

Another reason to why you shouldn't use your Mourir blade too much is that after a number of wishes... The blade takes full control of your body, forever. The number is different for everyone. It could be after 1 000 times... or even after your first time. It depends on how strong your spirit and determination to live is. You actually have an important mission when your Mourir blade is using your body and fulfilling your wish. That mission is to not let it go overboard, to not be defeated by the lust to kill. But the longer time the Mourir blade uses your body... the harder it is to withstand. Also, the ofter you use your blade, the stronger it gets. That's how you get a strong blade. A smart blade would also not take over the body at first, which is why there are so strong blades out there. The smarter blades make sure to become strong enough before attempting to take over the body fully. It's because if they aren't strong enough when they take over the body, they get killed. Everyone on Merto has agreed on only one thing; If a Mourir blade takes over someone, that person has to get killed as fast as possible before everyone else gets killed. That's why it's kind of forbidden to use your blade if it isn't in emergencies. 

Eli... I'm sorry but I'm not sure if this is a emergency. At least not yet. 

"... Didn't I tell you to give me control more often? I know everything about the future! You will die without my help! And you know who else will die? Your dear Nia~! So, what do you say?"

I clenched my fist and breathed slowly. I could either risk it all on my own... Or I could risk losing my body forever but probably succeed. I bit my lip and made my decision. 

... hnrgh... fine. But you better succeed, okay?

"Of course~! I don't want Nia to die either, you know~! Say the wish and we'll start!" she responded in my head. 

Yeah sure... 

"... I want to save Nia. I want to get her out of there, alive, with me. That is why I came for your help, Mourir blade. Please, do what you have to do to make sure that we come out of Ninoena alive and safe. Save Nia. That is my wish. I am Noè of Nin." 

The switch got turned on. My dark green eyes started to illuminate and a smirk spread over my lips. 

I reached for my weapon and took it out, holding it tightly in my hand. I glanced down at it and smiled at the wonderful feeling of having it in my hand before glancing up at Oinneah through my eyelashes. 

My long, wild and black hair flowed behind me as I walked towards the opening to Ninoena with my head low, hiding my eyes.  Oinneah noticed me immediately and took out her weapon before ordering me to stop. 

But I didn't stop. Why would I? 

I lifted my head up and looked her straight in her fear-filled eyes with my illuminated ones filled with lust. Not the sexual lust that you'd normally think. Lust for  b l o o d. I sent her a crooked smile before taking out my weapon and slicing her quickly without a second thought. She didn't even have time to react~!

I kneeled down by her badly hurt, bloody body and gave her a last gentle smile before closing her dark eyes and whispering my goodbye, "Goodnight, Oinneah. It was nice knowing you~ Greet Satan from me?" 

"... Sure, buddy." My friend managed to reply with a smile before slipping away into the darkness. Another soul gone... it makes me wonder how many more will be lost tonight? With a sigh I placed a small flower by her side before standing up. 

"... If I got to choose between Merto and Hell... I would probably choose hell."

Then, after that little thought, I entered Ninoena. 

I'm coming for you... Nia... just, keep fighting! 

>End of Chapter 6<
Word count: 877

Word count for whole story: 10 328

Challenge: Accomplished! <3