Chapter 1 - Running

Okay this is the start of the SECOND book in the Ran Away series, I hope you guys will comment your thoughts and ideas and stuff cause that'll help me feel more confident about the story, thank you if you do.

______________________________________________________

Heather's P.O.V

Branches, sticks, leaves, they all flew past my head at an almost impossible speed. They wiped, teared and scratched at my skin mercilessly, almost to the point when I thought that my skin was going to burn off my body. The pounding of feet and the small whizzing sound of spells being thrown behind me encouraged me to continue running.

My paws dug deep in to the moist ground and I barely took any notice of the sky greying above me. Sweat dripped lightly off my white fur coat and the stitch in my side only grew painful as I pushed myself to run even faster then I was before. I could feel the rouges trying to bite at my tail, attempting to make me slow down but that only made me more determined to run faster, to get away faster.

Soon I ran into an open clearing, and I could barely see the houses in the distance. Deciding that the buildings would be the safest place to run to, I sprinted as fast as I could towards them. The wind blew wildly through my fur as I did so, and I could feel the rouges distancing themselves while I drew closer and closer towards the homes.

Once I felt safe enough, I shifted back in to my human form. My long blond hair cascaded down my damp back messily while my wide emerald green eyes scanned the area for any threats. Finally noticing how dark the sky has become, I decided that it would be best to see if I could find some shelter to shield myself from the rain. 

With that thought in mind I walked blindly through the abandoned but clean street, my bare feet leaving a small padding sound with each step I took. I surveyed each house I went past, I could distantly hair the sound of a television inside a few of them, and in others I could hear children playing or arguing, it was either one or the other. 

As I continued to walk, I became faintly aware of small droplets of rain falling on to my bare skin, quickly I looked around, trying to see if I could spot an empty shed or something which I could hide under. Seeing nothing deemed worthy of my attention, I started to jog down the street until I came to a crossing.

By now the rain was pelting down, drenching me to the core. Shivering, I quickly read the road signs and jogged towards the local park, which was located to my right. I sighed in relief as I saw that the park had an barbecue area which had a roof over the top of it. I ran underneath it then I made an desperate attempt to get dry, I was so preoccupied with it that I didn't even notice the sound of footsteps approaching me. 

"You realize, the witches are going to stop at nothing to kill you," a dark masculine voice sounded behind me. Frightened, I jumped on the spot and stared at the hooded figure, I'm pretty sure that I resembled a deer caught in headlights. 

"W-Who are you?" I stuttered, slightly shivering from the cold. I could hear the man sigh before making a move to walk towards me, that's when I finally caught on to his scent. "Y-Your a rouge."

___________________________________

I know its not much but bare with me, I'm sick right now and I thought you guys finally deserved to get at least something from me.