Chapter 2 - Warning

Heather's P.O.V

The rouge chuckled darkly while raising his hands slightly in the air, as if it was an act of surrender. “You’re a smart one aren’t you,” he said sarcastically, but when he noticed that I took a defensive stance he growled warningly. “Don’t even try running, because we will find you.”

“What do you want?” I asked in the strongest voice that I could maintain. The man stepped towards me again but I growled at him, warning him not to come any closer. He chuckled again, but I could barely hear it this time as the rain pelted even harder on the tin roof above our heads.

“Same thing as you, we just have different ways of-“He trailed off in thought, I stared at him curiously but cautiously at the same time, not knowing what to predict from the strange man. “Let’s just say different ways of achieving our desires.” I could almost hear the smirk in his voice as he said those last words, I shivered in disgust but I didn’t let it stop me from spitting out my words.

“I can already spot a difference, you kill for fun, I’ve only ever killed for my own survival.” He growled at me again, before he slowly pulled his hoody off his head. I studied his dark brown, almost black hair, his slightly tanned skin, blue eyes but most of all, I studied the long white scar parading down his face on a wonky angle. Although, while I stared at him, I was also faintly aware of his cold, icy blue eyes staring boldly at me. I finally worked up enough courage to stare him right in the eyes.

Refusing to look away, I was only faintly aware of the howling of wind, beating mercilessly against the tin roof and of the rain splattering inside, almost drenching the stranger that was still standing at the opening. I found myself finding the need to blink becomes overwhelming, so I finally broke eye-contact and looked stubbornly at the concrete below me.

“So where are all your friends? Or did the witches kill them already for not capturing me?” I spat out venomously, still refusing to look back up in to his eyes. I could hear the faint sound of his feet shuffling across the floor and slowly moving their way towards me. I growled at him again, not wanting him to come any closer. I guessed that he chose to ignore my statement as I felt his rough, dirt covered hands grasp on to my throat tightly.

He lifted me off the ground with ease and quickly slammed me against the tin wall, it made a dangerous shaking noise but it didn’t do anything more than that. “Listen hear and listen well demon,” he hissed, spitting slightly on my face as he spat out that last word. Why is everyone calling me a demon? What happened to good people skills?

“Don’t you dare try being smart with me again because I will not hesitate to kill you, understand?” he paused slightly, waiting for me to answer. Although I couldn’t make out a word because his grip was so tight, all I could do to answer was nod.  He loosened his grip on me slightly and I gasped for much needed oxygen, if he held on for any longer then I would have suffocated.

“You’re going to die at some point Heather Green-field, either by, the witches or other rouges. You have a large bounty on your head which we will collect,” He spat at me again before realising his group completely and letting me drop down to the floor. I gasped loudly as he stepped away from me, although I did manage to say one more thing before he left the confinements of the barbeque area.

“Why didn’t you just kill me? Since there is supposably a large bounty on my head,” I asked loudly but cautiously. My words hung loudly in the air, making it almost thick with tension. The mysterious man turned his head to the side so then I was in his vision, but he didn’t turn completely around to face me.

“Why should I do it when I know that everyone else will be much more…creative?” I gaped at his turned back as he walked back out in to the rain. My mind was swimming with thoughts, and none of them held a proper answer, only wild theories and assumptions. One of them being that he is lying and trying to stir me up, the other is that he is telling the truth and that I am in grave danger.

The thing that had me the most worried though is that the area in which I was in is well-known for the amount of deaths in the forest. In some cases all the blood was drained out of the victims system that was obviously rouge vampires. Another case is when a human’s body was torn apart so much we thought he was just wild goat meat, guess we were wrong there, guess that was the work of the rouges werewolves.  

I sighed deeply before walking over to the wooden bench that sat idly in the corner of the tin shed. I laid down with my arms behind my back, trying to get comfortable. Closing my eyes slowly, I somehow managed to drift off in to sleep.

Dream:

Black, everything surrounding me was black, darkness, nothing. All I could hear was the sound of faint, angelic laughter coming closer and closer, faster and faster towards me. Soon a face of a beautiful, blond haired women appeared in front of me, she wore a kind smile on her face, but it soon turned wicked.

Her smooth, flawless skin started to turn old and wrinkly. Moles started to grow all over her face at a rapid pace and her nose started to pop out in an extremely unattractive way. She held her wrinkly old hand towards me before opening her mouth to speak, but instead of words, screams of men came out. One in particular stood out to me.

He was shouting run, run while I could still escape. I tried to step away from the women but when I looked down I felt like I was falling. I tried to scream but no sound escaped me, I was mute. I looked back up at the women to see that she was smiling and waving at me, almost as if she enjoyed seeing someone else’s fear.

As I landed flat on my back, I felt around on the ground with my hands. I quickly managed to grab a hold of something heavy and I lifted it above my head so then I could see what it was properly. I tried to scream as I saw that I was holding a long, mouldy human bone. Then I heard it again, the angelic laughter. I looked over to where it was coming from and saw the women again.

She opened her mouth to talk but when she did, she started speaking a whole different language, as if inciting a spell, but that wasn’t the thing that freaked me out. What scared me was the fact that her voice was being echoed by all those men that were previously screaming. I tried to scream again but I found myself inside a cage of bones. It started to suffocate be, but I was saved by a rumble.

What is that? Is it thunder?

Dream Over.

________________________________

Hey guys, do you like it or think it could use some improvment? Just want some honest opinions, thank you guys for the support. :)