Chapter 7

Brasen hugged her back but didn’t linger, “Kheyenne? What are you doing here?” His voice was barely above a whisper. I started nervously picking at my nails and the skin around them. I wanted to know who she was and why she was here, Kheyenne. She had chestnut hair that laid in ringlets, also big green eyes that stood out from her olive skin tone. She was gorgeous but I still didn’t know why she was here.

“Um I really hate to ruin the reunion but I’m confused.” Brasen turned around, “Oh um sorry, right, Kheyenne this is Amberlynn, Amberlynn Kheyenne Kheyenne Amberlynn.”

She looked at me and smiled, “hi, sorry Brasen I didn’t know you’d have company.”

“No you’re fine,” he spoke directly to her. I was just sitting there awkwardly. I wasn’t sure whether I should ease my way out the door or stay longer to find out who Kheyenne was. I debated the options and just decided to stay as her and Brasen went to the kitchen. The house was so open and empty I could hear every word they said perfectly. I heard Brasen telling Kheyenne no about something.

“...no that’s not a good idea, he didn’t stay. He’s facing the punishment not her.”

“..what about you?”

“I’m fine.”

I didn’t hear what Kheyenne asked next, maybe they knew I could hear them.

“..Kheyenne she stays.”

“I’ll just come back later.”

“I’ll be waiting.” I heard a door slam and tires squeal as Brasen walked back in and just sat on the couch.

I looked around the room awkwardly for some reason, bad habit I guess.

“Brasen..who is Kheyenne.” Looking at the ground when I spoke.

“Jackson’s first ex.”

“She has a baby doesn’t she?”

“Yeah.”

“Well who’s is it?”

“Jackson’s”

“Oh.”

There was tense silence, I didn’t know whether to change the subject or just sit there. It didn’t come as a shock that Jackson had a baby. He liked people being in his pants. I’m not sure exactly how long we sat there before he said, “Wanna go get food? I can explain everything over dinner, I just don’t wanna stay here right now.”

“Well where?” He was his usual cheeky self again.

Brasen gave me a ‘duh’ look and said, “well you’re the one with the car.”