Chapter 1

Ebony's POV

"So am I going to have to listen and put in put in at the meeting?" I asked Nolan the night before the giant meeting we were going to be having with the warriors and some subordinates.

"That's what happens when you're an alpha." He chuckled slightly before rubbing my shoulders and kissing my neck. "I think I know how to calm you down."

"Nolan, we have to go to bed- maybe tomorrow."

"What? I was talking about making you hot chocolate or something like that." He placed his hands up in the air as a sign of truce.

He's right- Nox was the one that wanted to, you know. Lux made her appearance known.

Alright, if you say so.

"Okay, let's do that." I mumbled, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Don't worry, little wolf, you'll be fine." He kissed the top of my head. While Lux's form grew about three feet over the course of nearly a year yet here I am, still 5'2.

"I really hate being short." I mumbled. I feel like a little kid lately because there are thirteen year olds in the pack who are taller than me.

"I know you do, I mean we can place you in a medieval torture advice that can have you stretch?"

"No, that sounds painful." I mumbled.

"I know, but I love that you're short." He kissed my head. "I mean you are my little alpha."

"I hate having to climb on the counter to get the dishes. And gummy worms."

"Tell me what you want me to do." Nolan pulled me into his side, squeezing the life out of me. "I hate seeing you upset...or sad. Do you want a pair of six inch heels? A step ladder? Just tell me what you want baby and I'll do it."

"Nolan, it's fine. I just like complaining about it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, if I had heels or a step ladder I would probably fall and break my neck."

As if thinking for a second, he told me. "No high heels or step ladders, ever."

"Okay." I laughed at his protectiveness. "No high heels or step ladders."

"Good, let's go make you some hot chocolate before we go to sleep, we have a huge day tomorrow." He paused. "We have alpha training and planning for the hunters."

"I know." I yawned.

"So do you want anything else to go with the hot chocolate?"

"Cookies please."

He chucked while making me the hot chocolate.I was nearly asleep when Nolan came over "Here you go."

"Thank you." I paused looking down at the mug. "Nolan?"

"Yes?"

"Are you sure that the pack is going to respect me?"

"Yes little wolf, it's in their nature- the love to respect their alpha."

"Really?"

"Yep- now is anything else bothering you?"

"I don't think so." I yawned.

"Come on." Nolan picked me up bridal style. "It's time for

"Nolan! Put me down!"

"Why? You keep yawning so I have to carry you- in case you fall asleep."