Chapter 5

Nolan's POV

As soon as Ebony saw who it was that my grandmother brought, she quickly hid behind me on instinct. I could feel her nails start to dig into me.

Mate scared. Comfort mate.

I am.

Do it better.

Go away.

"Grandma, why didn't you tell me that you were coming home?" I asked, keeping my grip on Ebony- who was shaking uncontrollably.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." She told me as she dragged Constinia behind her. "And lookie who I found."

"I see that, um, Ebony I'm going to take her to the cells, do you want to stay here?" I asked her.

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll be right back." I leaned over to kiss her before whispering in her ear. "You'll be fine little wolf, I won't be gone long, I'll see you in a little."

"Okie dokie." She released me before she was led into the house by Missy.

"Do you need our help?" Keith asked holding back Jay by the collar of his shirt.

"No, I should be fine- stay here, I'll bring my grandmother with me."

"Okay, if you're sure."

"I am." I brushed them off as I grabbed the handcuffs that kept Constinia confined to lead her to the car, while my grandmother followed.

Now, I wasn't going to harm the stupid witch just yet, I mean Nox is about ready to take control and beat the living daylights out of her. I just wanted to find the witch to question her about what she did to Ebony and why.

"So Nolan, what did you do for Ebony's birthday?" Grandma asked me as we started to drive the cells- which were about twenty minutes away.

"Nothing-"

"What do you mean that you did nothing for your wife's birthday? I mean you were so excited that you found your mate a year ago and now you are forgetting her birthday and not wanting to do anything for it?"

"I was going to take her out this weekend to celebrate it because we've been busy."

"Why didn't you say that?"

Do I tell my grandmother that I was before she cut me off? Or not? I am going to go with not because I do not want my head to be chewed out...again. "I'm sorry, I really should have told you that I was going to take Ebony out for her birthday."

"It's okay."

"So why did you it to be a surprise about you coming back?"

"Because I wanted it to be a surprise for Ebony that we got someone- still no luck in finding Kyle?"

"No, we've looked all around the territory and surrounding territories and we still can not find him."

"Well, atleast we have Consinitia."

"Yeah, I guess that's true." I paused. "So where did you find her at?"

"Hiding in the Himalayas."

Cocking my head to the side, I had to ask her. "Are you serious?" before turning around to look at the witch in the back seat- who I just realised had duct tape on her mouth.

"No, she was hiding out in the mountains though- I had Lilly make an appointment with her and I was the one that ended up going in there and got her myself." She said, Lilly was my grandmother's sister that she's always visiting.