Chapter 2

Nolan's POV

"Ebony, you need to wake up, we need to go to the meeting." I gently shook her while , hoping it would wake her, which it did. I didn't know that Ebony would want to go back to sleep, which I should have known-I mean that girl can fall asleep in the middle of fight.

"Is it seriously six already?"

"I'm sorry but it is."

"Okie dokie, let's get up." She yawned, stretching slightly. "What do I have to wear?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do I have to wear to look 'official?"

How do I answer her on this? I have no idea what she is talking about- I thought the jeans and tee-shirt she was wearing was fine. "Little wolf, what do you mean by official?"

"You know like an alpha?" I looked down at myself who was wearing sweatpants and a tee shirt and I wasn't planning on changing. At all.

"I'm just wearing this, so you should be fine." I cautiously answered her.

"Promise?"

"Yes, everyone should be in just sweats and tee shirts. Or jeans and a tee shirt. It's only us and the warriors- you've met them all."

"I know but-"

"You'll be sweetheart." I once again tried to calm her down.

"How can you do this so easily?"

"Do what so easily?" I asked her as we walked out of the house- honestly confused on what she is talking about.

As I was opening her car door, Ebony asked "Being an alpha."

"Ebony, I have no idea what I'm doing half the time, it just helps that I have an idea on what the pack wants."

"That sounds likes it's okay to do."

"See, honey- it just comes naturally and it takes time." I tried to calm her down but it did the opposite effect.

"What if people get hurt because of me because I wasn't ready to make a decision." Ebony paused. "Or what happens if I make the decisions and everyone gets hurt because it was the wrong one?"

And here we go again. I thought to myself.

Nolan, why is mate freaking out?

I don't know, probably something to do with how she's been feeling lately.

Lux doesn't even know.

Okay.

"Babe, no one will be mad at you- they want you to succeed even if that means that some people might get hurt." I stretched the truth a little. I know the pack wouldn't get mad at her if she thought it was the best thing to do but if they didn't, then yes they would get mad but that was an slim to none possibility.

Holding out her pinky, Ebony asked: "Promise?"

"Promise." I interlocked our pinkies. My little wolf still thinks that if one breaks their pinky promise than the other person gets to break their (the person who broke the promise) pinky.

"So where is the meeting going to happen."

Chuckling softly, I reminded her once again. "It's going to be at the training center because you wanted to train Lux again."

"You should have reminded me, now I feel silly wearing jeans." Ebony pouted. As much as I hate it when she's sad, Ebony looks so adorable when she's pouting.