Lullaby

"Niall Horan," I hiss. "Do not even THINK about going in there."

He smiles. "Why not?"

"I finally got her to sleep. And that door creaks really bad, so it'll wake her up."

"But I wanna see her before we go to bed!"

"Oh, trust me, we won't be going to bed anytime soon," I say, flipping the page to my magazine.

In a matter of seconds, my husband is beside me. His hand travels up my leg, but I shove him off. "I didn't mean it like that!"

He pouts, his bottom lip sticking out.

"Niall, it's been crazy here ALL day. I'm tired."

"Oh, sweetheart," he pulls me into him, my magazine dropping to the floor. "You wouldn't have to do any work."

I try to hide a smile, but I fail. "Stop it."

Niall grins, and pulls at my hands, yanking me from the couch. "Lets get ready for bed."

He slaps my bum as I walk ahead towards our bedroom.

I just slap his leg, smiling. He reciprocates the gesture, adding a wink.

As I brush my teeth, I hear a faint cry.

I sigh heavily. Not again.

Niall pokes his head in. "I got her."

I smile gratefully.

After a few minutes of waiting for Niall, I peek in to the nursery. He is humming a song, our baby girl cradled in his muscular arms.

I lean against the door frame as I listen. It's a beautiful sound and a beautiful sight.

I walk up behind him, wrapping my arms around him from the back. I give him a sideways kiss, and he grins, even wiggling his arms. I squeeze his waist as a sign to cut it out.

I take the baby from his arms, setting her in the pink crib. I kiss her tiny hand, and stare as she crinkles her nose and balls up her hands into fists in her sleep.

"Let's go to sleep," Niall whispers, and kisses the tender skin beneath my ear.

I smile, and lean against him as he pushes me to our room for yet another night of bliss.