prologue

planet fitness | los angeles

nate maloley

"bro, look over your right shoulder." my best friend, sammy wilkinson said quiet enough for me to hear as i finished up my workout.

i raised an eyebrow but none the less looked over my right shoulder, my eyes landing on a complete baddie that was getting off the treadmill.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

i licked my lips and let out a low whistle, looking back at him and laughing a little.

"should i go for it?" i asked, pursing my lips, making sammy nod.

"she's out of your league but take a shot." he said, making me roll my eyes as i walked over to the girl.

i walked up behind her and my eyes quickly fell to her ass, making them widen before i dragged my eyes away and cleared my throat.

she turned around, and i was surprised to find her bright bluish eyes, making me lose words for a second or two.

"do you need something?" she asked sweetly, which confused me even more because most girls as hot as her were always rude and standoffish.

"uhm, i honestly just saw you and just wanted to say you're gorgeous." i blabbed out, and mentally face palmed, but the blush on her face made me think i did somethings right.

"oh, thank you." she said, kind of shyly.

"no problem babygirl." i replied, smirking a little.

"i'm nate maloley." i greeted, holding my hand out.

she took it and smiled a little,"noelle rivera." she said, looking over her shoulder at the gym's daycare doors.

"can i have your number? maybe we can hangout when both of us are properly clothed?" i teased, noting to my shirtless figure and her sports bra.

she let out a small laugh and nodded, taking the iphone from my extended hand and adding her contact.

the daycare doors opened as she handed the phone back to me, and a small little girl ran over to noelle.

"mommy, can we go home?" she asked in a cute voice, not properly pronouncing the words right

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"mommy, can we go home?" she asked in a cute voice, not properly pronouncing the words right.

wait, mommy?

noelle looked flustered for a split second but quickly picked the girl up and nodded,"of course princess." she agreed, looking at me.

"who's this cutie?" i asked, kind of embarrassed that i had hit on a mom.

"this is my daughter, kelsie." she introduced, and the little girl laid on her shoulder and waved.

"it was nice to meet you both, i'll text you." i said, smiling before quickly walking back to sammy.

"how'd it go?" he asked excitedly

"she has a fucking kid, let's go." i said quickly, and maybe a little to loudly because when i looked through the glass exit door, i saw a look of hurt and disappointment flash on her features before going out the other way.