A Specist Society

"What? Even if we were dating it's none of your business!" Nick responded defensively to the camera crew before him. Suddenly he heard glass shatter behind him.

He turned around and saw Judy gasping for air with cuts all over her outfit. He looked around her, his eyes looking from the amused capybara mom to the zebra standing smugly feet away from Judy.

He realized that someone did indeed hurt Judy because of their relationship, out of their hatred and refusal to understand love between prey and predator.

He showed his claws and wanted to tear the zebra apart from his flesh all the way to his bone. But Judy was quicker, she leaped off the shattered glass and pulled out her taser and tased the zebra without hesitation.

The zebra yelled as all his muscles froze and he tumbled over, and Nick was surprised to see Manchas appear from the crowd and sprint into the mall.

Judy walked to the zebra and cuffed his hooves and called for backup to take them home.

The camera crew pointed all their cameras to the zebra and flashed as many pictures as they could. The zebra cursed angrily as he couldn't move to stop any of the flashing.

Nick walked to Judy and tried to pick her up but she gave a small smile and moved from his paws.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Judy laughed half heartedly. "Clawhouser should drive up outside in a few minutes. I just need...to..."

Judy fell over but Nick caught her and he felt horrified as he felt fresh blood on the cuts of her uniform. The old him would've kicked that zebra and screamed bloody murder at the crowd that seemed so eager to the drama, but now he never felt so small.

He picked Judy up in one arm and gently covered her face with his other paw so the cameras wouldn't catch too much evidence to add publicity to their relationship. He snarled at the zebra and dragged him by his shirt collar as they left the mall.

He walked to another side of the mall so by the time the camera crew made it's way around, they would've already left.

"Nick, wait!"

Nick turned around and to his surprise saw Manchas and Gazelle walking to him hoof in paw. And Gazelle smiled weakly as she looked at the injured bunny in his arm.

"We really wanted to thank Judy for saving my girlfriend back there." Manchas purred.

Nick realized that Gazelle was indeed dating a predator and gave a big grin.

"Me and Judy have also been trying to hide our relationship, given many extreme specists wouldn't and haven't taken too kindly to it." Nick explained. "But Gazelle, if you told animals that you two were dating, maybe others would see it's not weird!"

"...or they'll yell at me and attack a police officer." Gazelle pointed out sadly, gesturing to the zebra Nick had dragged with his paw.

"Yeah, I guess there'd be an overwhelming amount of animals judging you for that." Nick sighed. "You two might wanna leave, the officer picking us up is a big fan of you, but he doesn't deserve to find out."

"Oh, well it was good to meet you two." Gazelle smiled warmly. "Thanks for keeping a secret."

"Course, bye Gazelle." Nick said as they left to a car with bodyguards surrounding them.

Soon minutes later Clawhauser drove up and after putting the tased zebra in the trunk, Nick got in the passenger seat and glared at Clawhauser.

"What happened to Judy?" Clawhauser whispered horrified.

"She got kicked into a window by a specist zebra, he's in the trunk." Nick snarled. "This is all your fault! And Chief Bogo's! You two just had to know if she was dating a predator huh?!"

"I had no idea-"

"How did you think this was going to go well?" Nick growled. "Drive to the hospital already, Clawhauser."

The cheetah frowned and his tail dropped as he nodded slowly and drove to the Rainforest District's mall, awkward silence in the car the whole time as Nick looked at Judy with determination.

This society will change, it must for Carrots's sake. I can't have another incident like this ever happening again.

...

"Mom, look! My favorite show is on!"

"That's nice dear." Channary the capybara replied to her daughter.

Her and her daughter were back from the mall in a small apartment in the Rainforest District. The wallpaper of their apartment was green and brown and there were only two rooms, a small counter for the kitchen, and a living room with a couch big enough for two and a small TV.

And...there was one more room Tara knew never to go in. Her mother reminded her many times that the room was where she had lots of work to do, and needed to focus.

Channary was in that room right now, it was a small room with a big desk, computer, coffee mug full of utensils, and a printer. Above the desk was a bulletin board with many specism articles pinned on there, and in the bottom left corner was a picture of her role model.

Former Assistant Mayor Bellwether.

She always looked up to her and loved her articles that were in favor of prey, and was elated to learn that Bellwether was arrested for the crimes attempting to pin predators "returning to their natural instincts." She never trusted those foul creatures anyway.

And she never thought she'd see them. That fox and bunny dynamic that inspired many creatures in Zootopia that anyone can be anything.

"Bullspit." Channary growled as she drank her coffee at her desk, reading an online article about the so-called heroes. And her eyes widened when she read the headliner: Zootopia Officers Nick and Judy in love?

She spit her coffee all over the computer screen and her eyes widened. It was already bad enough that rumors had spread about Gazelle dating a predator, but a bunny and a fox who shouldn't even be officers?

This city is quickly accepting interspecies relations more and more when these predators shouldn't even be here! They should be locked up in cages! Extinct even!

Channary printed the article and pinned it to the bulletin board before getting a washcloth to clean up the coffee dripping on her computer screen. And then, she would get to planning.

After all, separating prey and predator was hard work.