Harvey and the Channary

Nick's eyes began to open where he was, cuffed to a board that was frigid cold against his fur. He flinched when he saw a chubby figure walk towards him. He noticed warm water was brushing against his feet. And that the air smelled horrible.

He was in the sewers.

"Took a while for the dumb red crook to open his eyes." a female voice laughed cruelly. Nick growled at her very specist comment and recognized who she was.

The light brown fur, violet eyes, and black paws...this was the capybara mother from the mall the other day.

"Channary, if you need a name for me." the capybara mother stated, almost predicting his thoughts. "Predators in the ZPD, what were they thinking? It started with the boisterous lions and the sneaky wolves, then the fierce tigers. Then...they let the face of criminals join. A fox."

"You sound like Bellwether." Nick spat.

"I knew her before." Channary replied. "She was very sneaky about taking out predators, very precise. But her downfall was attempting to take you out in public. I have you subdued in the sewers, she'd be proud don't you think?"

"Why me?" Nick muttered. "Why not someone higher like Mayor Lionheart himself?"

"Because you're in the way of my Judy."

Nick's eyes widened when he saw Harvey walk next to Channary and look up at him smugly.

"What are you even talking about? She's my girlfriend." Nick admitted.

"Exactly! That one date we went on...she didn't even seem to want me." Harvey whimpered. "Her mind seemed to be on something else, but I can fix her. It'll be alright soon..."

"FIX HER?!" Nick's outraged yell echoed through the sewers. He violently slammed his feet against the board he was on and lashed his fangs out.

"I wish I brought my camera, that would have been great footage to display all over Zootopia!" Channary snickered.

"But sadly, we have to get rid of you. We'd just put your fur on Fangmeyer's corpse and Judy will think you murdered him and then yourself." Harvey smiled evilly. "Devastated, she'll turn to me for comfort and then I'll become her mate."

"Then she'll be mates with her own kind instead of you." Channary added.

Nick was so livid, he didn't do anything to deserve this. Loving Judy wasn't a fault! But it didn't seem to matter to them.

Harvey and Channary lifted the board with Nick still cuffed to it and tossed it in the raging sewer water, a scream was heard from the fox before it broke into gargles.

...

"Someone has to find Nick! I can't lose him Chief Bogo!"

Judy was pleading with him, but he just sighed with defeat. It had been a week and they couldn't find him.

"Judy, we can't find him. We've looked all over Zootopia." Chief Bogo told her. "I'm sorry."

"Please don't say that, you make it sound like he's dead!" Judy snapped. "I'll find him if none of you can!"

"Judy, I don't want you to get worn out looking for him remember?" Harvey comforted her. "Let's go get ice cream again, it'll cheer you up this time."

"I don't want ice cream, I want Nick!" Judy yelled, walking past Harvey and leaving the bullpen.

She had remembered every location they looked for Nick and tried to piece together where he might be, and she realized where they didn't look for him.

Underground!

She went to the Zootopia Sewers and was surprised that none of the ZPD checked down here. She scowled.

They probably didn't want to get their paws wet, the cowards.

She walked close to the water and called for Nick, letting his name echo through the sewers. When she tried calling for him again, she stopped and screamed when she looked down at the sewer water.

Fangmeyer's body floated lifelessly, his clothes torn and his muzzle was tied up. It could only be murder.

"I told you not to go looking."

Judy looked and only several feet in front of her was Harvey.

"You killed him." Judy whispered.

"Nah, Channary killed the wolf." Harvey admitted. "However we both knocked your filthy rabbit-mating fox friend into the water cuffed to a board. If the water didn't kill him, starvation will."

"Then he could still be alive!" Judy gasped. "You traitor! Just wait till everyone finds out about this!"

"Tsk tsk tsk." Harvey hissed. "Judy Hopps, I care about you. I love you. I was hoping I could change you. But it's too late now, I can't because you're going to rat me out if I let you go."

"Tell Nick I said hey when you reach the hellhole where you two belong." Harvey growled. He ran at Judy when he shook violently mid-run and fell over.

Judy saw behind him was Nick panting heavily while holding a taser gun, looking drenched.

"It took forever to get out from there!" Nick gasped, he looked up at Judy with relief. "Carrots, I missed you. It's so dark down here."

"I have so many questions, how did you get out and where did you get the taser gun?" Judy asked.

"I kinda chewed my way out, the cuffs they used weren't exactly strong. And I met Channary halfway to getting here and took it from her." Nick explained. "Speaking of which, we have to go back and get her."

"Of course, but first..." Judy ran to Nick and he took her into his arms and the two kissed passionately with Nick holding Judy and Judy holding his face with her paws. They stopped and Nick smiled with bright green eyes.

"There's going to be more creatures trying to pull us apart, but I mean it when I say I'd rather die than ever let them do that." Nick confessed. "I love you."

"Do I love you too?" Judy teased, then kissed him on the nose.

"Yes, yes I do."