Fresh Air

~ Harry's POV ~

I let out a breath of air when I finally sat down in my flat.

I felt the browned wooden arms of the chair against my forearms, and a flannel blanket wrapped around my shoulders kept me warm.

I stared at all the books on my bookshelves that lined the walls all the way up to the ceiling.

A couple of the shelves held all my medical and dental textbooks from when I was a student.

I flipped one open for memory's sake to find it streaked with highlighter and marked up with a pencil.

I shut it instinctively and placed it back on the shelf.

All of a sudden, I got a text.

Liam : hey Haz, I was wondering when you could maybe see me about my tooth?

Harry : oh hey Li, could you pop into my office at 5:40 pm tomorrow?

Liam : thanks Haz. Means a lot.

Harry : Rest up. See you tomorrow.

Liam : byee

All I could think about was him in pain. And that girl from the plane. I wonder where she is now.

I lay in bed trying to fall asleep but realized that I could not. Jet lag is a very messy business. I've gotten used to it, but it still shakes me up from time to time.

~ Lucy's POV ~

Wide eyed, I stare out the window to see all the icons I've only ever seen on a screen.

Big Ben, The Eye, large buildings, and chip trucks filled with character caught my attention behind the black sky.

And then we passed the whole reason why I came here:

The William Smoelle Conservatory of Music.

My head rushed with excitement when I thought of all the different adventures I was going to have here in London.

Then a sharp stabbing pain ran up and down my face on the left side of my jaw.

I tried to conceal the pain from the driver, but I let out a little grunt.

"Oi, madam," he said in a thick accent, "you alright back there?"

"Yes," I lied clutching my jaw. It'd not like he could see me anyways.

I had thumbed the business card that the man on the plane had given to me. I didn't get a close enough look at him to see who he was.

And then we stopped.

I could feel my heart race faster and faster as I payed for my fare.

I stepped out into the dark street, rummaged some documents from my purse and opened the huge wooden doors to this building.

There seems to be one security officer at a central white desk. He's fast asleep, so I nudge him awake.

"Um hello sir," is all I manage out as he grunts.

"What do you need?" He says.

"Oh I just flew here from California and I think I'm supposed to -"

He interrupted me.

"Come with me to the office," he said tiredly. "I can get your key."

We walked to the office where he asked me all sorts of questions. I payed for the semester's rent, and he handed me the key.

"Thank you," I said walking up to the elevator.

"Call me if you need anything," he said as he resumed his post.

The elevator doors snapped shut and I could not contain myself. All my life dreams were coming true.

I was studying at one of the most prestigious musical conservatories in the world.

Well I would be next week.

The elevator doors opened once again, and I wanted to scream in delight, but I checked my phone:

Mom : I miss you Lulu ♡ Hope you're safe.

So I texted back.

Lucy : I love you so much mom, everything is incredible. Miss you.

My heart sank. I had left the person who loves me the most in this world for myself.

I knew I wasn't being selfish, I was just growing up. However, that didn't stop me from feeling sad.

I fumbled the key into the lock, and I let out a little scream because honestly, I could not contain myself any longer.