Just Another Girl

~ Harry's POV ~

I pushed Dr. Anderson out of the way and sprinted towards Lucy's room.

Time was all distorted in a strange way, where every second felt like a minute.

I shoved an intern out of the way and bolted into her room.

She was sat up in her bed. She was smiling.

I exhaled a breath of air and looked around the room.

I walked back outside to the nurse's desk.

"Who paged me?" I said angrily, panting.

"I did."

Then another doctor walked around the corner of the desk.

I would be lying if I said that she wasn't absolutely beautiful.

I pushed my hair back into a bun.

"And what did you need again," I said calmly, "Doctor..."

"Emily Summers," She said playing with her golden hair. "Ortho consult, I need you to help me set our patient's ankle?"

I looked back at her, giving her a confused but happy look.

"Why the 911 page?" I finally asked.

"I like to get things done around here," she winked.

Wow.

~ Lucy's POV ~

All of a sudden, Harry and that Summers doctor walked back into the room.

They were smiling at each other. Harry was laughing.

He brushed a piece of hair off of her face and tucked it behind her ear.

She whispered something in his ear. He looked away, and grabbed a pair of gloves for them both.

"Alright Lucy," Harry finally said. "It's time to get this show on the road, so you can get back to London."

I didn't want to go back to London. I wanted to stay here. I wanted to talk with Harry. I wanted Summers to go away.

But I covered it all up with a nod.

They started to talk to each other, maybe about how they were going to fix my leg. I stopped listening.

He had a glow in his eyes that I had never seen before. It was like a sparkle. He seemed so happy.

"Okay on three you're going to hear a little crack, but it's nothing to worry about." Summers said as I tuned back in.

"One," Harry's voice said steadying his grip on my calf, holding it down.

"Two," She said staring at Harry, with one of her hands on the bottom of my foot.

c r a c k

I pinched my eyes shut as I felt her hand push up and twist.

I started to cry.

"I know this hurts," Harry said trying to comfort me while he was still staring at Summers.

She started to get some casting material.

They both grabbed chairs and slid over.

Harry started by giving her what looked like a thin knee sock with no toes.

"We're just going to put on a cast now Lucy," She said again.

Harry passed her a roll of cotton with rolled around my leg and ankle overtop of the sock thing.

I was still crying, but I wasn't sobbing, because well, I couldn't.

She turned to ask for something, and he bopped his finger on her nose. She laughed.

Eventually, they got to the point of actually putting the plaster bit on, and then they were done.

"Do you want me to sign it for you." Harry asked me.

Of course I did. So I nodded.

He signed it, and then they both left.

I was still crying. And the sad part is that I didn't know what hurt more: my broken ankle or my broken heart.

-
Short but sweet ♡ love you all so much - will update soon.