Ladrien #1

*LADYBUG*

I smiled as the wind swept through my hair and on to my scalp.

My yoyo string would go in all directions as I swung toward Adrien's house.

Sometimes I would come to Adrien's house just to talk.

He seemed so lonely, the only kid in a humongous mansion.

I secured my yoyo to the top of a building and climbed down to his bedroom window.

I opened the already slightly open window and stepped in.

"Adrien," I whispered into the dark room.

Suddenly I saw the door to the room open, and I hid under his bed as the light turned on.

"Ladybug?"

I thought back to the opened window and cursed silently.

Then I listened.

"Ladybug, it's Adrien."

I let out a sigh of relief and came out from where I was hiding.

As soon as I saw his beautiful green eyes and perfect blonde hair, I felt the edges of my lips go up.

"Adrien," I confirmed, "what happened, are you okay?"

He grinned and nodded.

I reached into my small compartment and pulled out a piece of paper.

"I got your note."

His cheeks reddened, and I couldn't help but feel mine do the same.

I'd never seen Adrien like this, as Marinette.

He cleared his throat.

"Well, um, my father is out of town and I had something to tell you so, um, just follow me."

He speed-walked out of the room, and I giggled as I jogged after him.

"So, what's this about?"

I took a quick glance at the letter I received through the city "Letters to Ladybug" program and read it aloud.

"Ladybug, I have something really important to tell you. Please come to my house at 7:00 tonight."

He stopped walking, spun on his heels and stared at me intently.

"Ladybug, I-" he hesitated, "you'll just have to wait."

He turned back around and continued walking.

I groaned impatiently, but kept his pace.

"So are we actually going somewhere in this giant house of yours or are we," I paused and said the next words breathlessly as I took in the shimmering ballroom before me, "just walking aimlessly."

He slowed down and put one hand politely on the small of back as he led me toward a small round table.

It was full of delicious-looking pastries, and I smiled to myself when I realized that these were part of the exact order Natalie, his secretary, picked up from the shop earlier today.