Adrienette #1 (+ Nathaniel)

*LADYBUG*

"Pound it," Chat Noir and I said at the same time.

His fist collided with mine and I flashed him a quick smile before swinging my yoyo through the streets back to my school.

Once I landed on the roof of my school, I climbed down the side and ran in as I transformed into Marinette once again.

The bell rang right when I stepped into the classroom, and I attempted to get to my seat next to Alya as quietly as possible.

Suddenly, I felt someone bump into me from behind.

"Sorry," Adrien murmured as he slid past me. 

My cheeks flushed a bright pink , and I felt my heart skip a beat when he looked at me with those enchanting green eyes.

I would have fainted right then and there if not for Alya's distracting hand movements.

When I finally found my composure, I stumbled over my spot.

"Girl," she whispered, "you two are seriously perfect for each other. Neither of you can manage time."

I felt my cheeks get hot again and smiled thoughtfully to myself as I imagined our future life together.

He would wear a black suit and tie every day, and he'd have some kind off well paying job like a movie director or something. I would be a fashion designer and I'd be wearing some kind off Marinette original. 

And one day, he would leave home in a rush but just as he left, I would walk around the kitchen island to kiss him on the cheek, but at last second, he would turn his cheek and-

"Marinette!" Alya whisper-shouted, breaking me from my trance.

"Sorry Adrien!" I yelled.

To me, it seemed perfectly normal. I had to apologize! I'd just imagined kissing Adrien.

But of course, nobody else knew that.

Everyone immediately swiveled their heads straight at me and I could feel myself being swallowed by my seat.

"Awww," Chloe taunted, "she's finally apologizing for obsessing over my Adrien so much!"

My face turned redder than a tomato.

I felt so tempted to say something mean in reply, but I don't have that kind of confidence all the time.

Alya on the other hand  .  .  .  

"Your Adrien?!? Excuse me, Miss 'I-own-everything-in-the-city', but people are not possessions! They have emotions and wills of their own and those are things you can't control, so you can threaten me all you want with how your daddy is gonna ruin my life, but just like Adrien, I control what I want to say and do! Not you!"

Everyone in the classroom clapped but the teacher.

"Alya! I have never heard anything so disrespectful as the show you just put on!"

"But Mrs. Jenson she-"

"I don't want to hear any excuses in regard to Miss Bourgeois's provocation off your consistent outbursts, Miss Césaire!"

Mine and Alya's eyes widened as we watched our math teacher take out the dusty stack of pink paper she'd hidden in her pocket since the beginning of the school year. 

"Miss Césaire, you have a detention. At least for the time being. You also have an office referral so you can discuss with the principal what you believe your further punishment should be."