What happened?!

Daniel's POV (Shayden's dad)

I just got off of work and I was pulling up into my drive way.

I walked into the house and it was dark. This can't be good, usually the lights would be on.

Shayden instantly came to my mind and I ran up stairs to her room.

"Shayden" I called out, banging on her door.

I opened the door and the room was empty. I took the sheets off the cover and she wasn't there, I went into her bathroom and she wasn't there.

I looked in the guest room and she wasn't there. What the hell happened while I was gone?

"She's not in this house." I heard a voice and I turned around to see the horrible person I married.

"What do you mean she's not in this house?" I asked angrily. "She's not in here like I said." "What the hell did you do to her Rachel." She just walked off.

"I swear to God Rachel if you did something to her we're getting a divorce and I'm calling the police." I screamed and she didn't even turn around.

Then I remembered something... The basement!

I ran down the stairs and found the door that led to the basement. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I'm so impatient right now so I ran to the supply closet and looked through the tools.

I found a bug hammer and I walked back to the basement door and Rachel was there.

"Rachel I swear if you don't let me through, I'm gonna hit your ass with this hammer. Now move!" I yelled at her. She just stared.

"You wouldn't." She growled. I pushed her out the way and she started pulling on my arms and I elbowed her and she fell back.

I stared beating the door and the hedges started to come off. She grabbed my ankle and I kicked her hand and she groaned.

I beat the door harder and harder and it finally opened. I ran down stares but she tripped me and I fell down a few.

"You stupid bitch!" I groaned loudly.

I pushed myself up and I called out my daughters name. No answer. I swear if she's hurt oh so help me God.

I prayed in my mind that she would be okay as I searched the dark basement for a light. I finally found one and I started looking.

5 minutes into the search and I still hadn't found her.

I stopped and thought, if I was a murder, where would I hide my victim?

I thought and thought. I don't know. This is so hard.

I called 911 and told them that my wife did something to my daughter and I needed the ambulance and the police. They will be on their way.

I just sat down and cried into my legs. That's my heart man, I don't know what I would do without my daughter, it was the happiest day of my life when she was born. But then Rachel started abusing her for no reason. I couldn't do that much because she threatened to tell the cops that I rapped Shay so I was scared to do anything. God I'm so sorry, please let my daughter be okay, please. I prayed as I rocked back and forth.

I heard loud noises and the police ran down the basement.

"Police put your hands up!" I jumped up and did as I was told. "No. I'm the one that called, did you find my wife?" They lowered their guns and I let out a breath of relief.

"Yes, she tried to run but we caught her." "Thank God." I said. "Where is your daughter?" "I don't know, I tried to find her but I failed." "Sir it's okay, we're gonna find her."