chapter.15 part1

An Liza's outfit on polyvore

Eliza POV
Finally Friday. I sit up in bed after hitting the off button on my alarm. Running my fingers through my slightly damp hair I decide to wear a dress. I haven't worn one in a while.

*beep beep*

I go over to my phone to see a text from Harry, saying he wants to meet before class to talk. But I don't want to. I can't.

How can I tell that beautiful boy that I'm crazy and messed up in the head, all because of what happened to my sister? I'd just sound even crazier.

So I don't text him back. I don't even open it. I just ignore it and continue to get ready.

After braiding back two sections and wrapping them around my hair into a bun, I put on my dress and add jewelry to tie it together. I slip on my heeled boots and walk down the stairs to grab my usual apple and water bottle before grabbing my bag and meeting my mom at the car.
+
I see Julie walking up the steps just as I'm getting out of the car.

"Jules!"

She turns around and smiles at me before walking back down the steps to meet me.

"Hey El. So are we taking you home after school to get your stuff and then back to mine or what?" she asked as we started to ascend the stairs.

"Yea if it's not too much trouble." I send her a smile before reaching for my phone that is ringing in my bag.

I pull it out to see Harry's name flashing on my screen. I frown before declining the call and dropping the device back in my bag.

"Liz!" I hear him call from the a few yards away. He's leaning against the building in the shade. He was waiting for me.

"I'll see you in class." Julie nods her head and gives a small smile before walking inside.

I slowly walk over to him, making sure I keep a few feet between us.

"It's rude to ignore calls Liz. Why didn't you text me back?"

"Because there's nothing for us to talk about Harry." I shrug my shoulders.

"What you said yesterday, you meant it? You were serious about that?" he asked, stepping closer.

I laughed and shook my head. "No Harry. I was making a joke about being institutionalized and going through three years of therapy. Thought it was funny."

"Liz I'm serious." he steps even close and taking my right hand in his left, stroking the back of it with his thumb. "I really care about you. Something like that, that's not gonna scare me away Liza."

I look at him for a moment, awe struck at him saying that. "You said it was a place for crazy people, Haz." I hang my head so he can't see my frown.

He pushes loose hair out of my face and lifts my face to look at him. "I know. And I'm sorry Liza, I truly am. But I never would think of you that way, no matter what." he said, running his thumb across my cheek.

"I think Juls wants to go to that party tonight. I told her about your friend and she got really excited." I put my hand on his arm, leaning in to his hand.

"Good. That means I get to show off my girl. Please don't wear anything too revealing." he rested his right hand on my hip and pulled me against him. "I don't wanna have to get in a fight tonight." he said, nudging his nose against the side of my face.

"You're girl?" I asked, smiling.

"Oh shut it." he said as he pulled my hand to lead me inside the building after the bell rang.
+
"What did Whitman and Dickinson have in common?" Mr. Adams asked.

"Parents of Modern Poetry." I answered instantly.

"Exactly. And why, Miss. Jacobs are they considered the parents of Modern Poetry?" he asked me specifically.

"Free verse. They were basically the first to use it and be well known because of it. It was a really controversial time, 1800's, people weren't really open to nonconformity and controversial things. And that's exactly what free verse was." I explained.

"Exactly! I was hoping someone would say that. It's essay time." the class collectively groaned. But I smiled. "I want you to write a minimum three page paper about a controversial topic. And then I want you to give a presentation on it. Whitman and Dickinson were famous because they threw caution to the wind and their words were whatever they felt. I want you to write about something controversial that you feel just as strongly about. Wow me people. It's in one week." he said before busying himself until the bell rang and we all left to our next class.
+
I said goodbye to Harry at the end of my last period as Juls and I waked to the parking lot. We met Sam at his car and he drove my house where Julie and I ran to my room to pick out the perfect party outfit and grab my overnight bag.

But it wasn't a shock when we emerged from my house with no outfit picked and just an overnight bag. So the plan was to now wear something of Julie's.

We're leaving to the party in about four hours and I couldn't be more nervous.
+-