chapter.26

Eliza POVI currently stand in front of my locker, getting the books I need for my next two classes

Eliza POV
I currently stand in front of my locker, getting the books I need for my next two classes. As I'm grabbing my Algebra 2 book, someone speaks from beside me.

"Hi." I look to my left. Sebastian. Maybe if I ignore him he will leave. "I see you around a lot."

"Well there are only two floors and fifteen different teachers for the sophomore class." I say indifferently.

"Well there's the catch." I can hear him smiling, so smug. "I'm not a sophomore. I'm a junior."

"Fantastic." I reply as I shut my locker. "Can I help you with something or..."

"You can actually, your name?"

"Elizabeth."

"That's nice. Last name?" he asks as he leans against the locker next to mine.

"Jacobs."

"And you're dating that British kid right?"

"Harry. Yes, I am dating him."

"Interesting."

"Again, can I help you with something?" I ask in an irritated tone.

"You're a really talented painter."

"Thank you."

"I wanted your notes. For Comp & Lit?" he asks.

"I wasn't aware you were in that class." I says, holding my books tightly against my chest.

"I am. I sit in the back. Two seats behind you actually."

"So why do you need my notes?"

"Mr.Adams said you have the best notes and highest grade in the class. I'm behind on reading material and essays. I figured your notes were the way to go." he shrugged.

"You can borrow my notes." I turn to open my locker again, grabbing my Comp & Lit notebook. "But I want my notebook back for class tomorrow." I hand it to him and he smiles.

"Course. Couldn't have you without it." he laughs a little. "I'll give it back before class tomorrow."

He smiles again before walking off down the hallway, and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.
+
Seeing as it's now December, the school year is almost over. Harry and I have been together for three months on the tenth, which is Saturday, in three days.

It's gone by so fast. It feels like just yesterday he was asking me to be his girlfriend.

"So! Seeing as we didn't do anything for your birthday-" Harry says, me cutting him off.

"Because I didn't want to." I nod.

"I was thinking we should do something now." he finishes his thought as though I had never interrupted him.

"What exactly did you have in mind?" I ask, knowing he has something already planned.

"I wanna take you out."

"You've taken me out plenty of times." I laugh.

"To a ridiculously nice restaurant." he adds. "And a romantic stroll with an old man playing saxophone along the way that we stop and dance to in the middle of the street."

"I think someone has been watching the Notebook a few too many times lately." I laugh as I turn on my side to look up at him.

We are laying in his bed in silence just being there, and I have to say it's one of the nicest moments in my life.

"Shut up." he laughs, kicking my foot gently. "I'm taking you out Saturday."

"Oh, yeah?" I ask.

"Yes ma'am. And you're gonna love it."

"I have no doubt that I will." I say, kissing his cheek before wrapping my arm around him and burying my head in his neck.
+
"How was your trip?" I ask as my mom changes in her closet.

I'm sitting on her bed, as she unpacks and changes. She just got home an hour ago and she's barely said anything about the trip.

"Nice. A lot of doctors and nurses. Pharmaceutical reps and board members and all that fun stuff."

"Mom, you're a doctor." I laugh.

"Yes but us as a general population are all very rude and snobby people." she replies, walking out of the closet and back to her suitcase. "So, anything exciting happen while I was away?"

"I went to Harry's for Thanksgiving, hung out with Julie a little. And Dad called." I mumble the last part hoping she doesn't catch it.

She stops. "What did he want?"

"Said he can't make the payment this month so he'll try to make it double next and that he wants to come visit."

"Typical." she scoffs.

"You don't have to let him, Mom. You can say no."

"I know I can honey. I know. I'll think about it and call him back later." she sighs.

I nod my head, sitting there quietly as she finishes unpacking.
+
"So your dad's a Brit?" Harry asks through the phone.

"Well I guess. I mean, he's from Scotland." I respond.

"So not a Brit." he laughs.

"No I guess not." I laugh as well. "I don't know Haz. You should've seen Mom when I brought it up. It was awful."

"So you don't want to see him then?"

"It's not that. It's just, when he left. He wasn't very nice to her and he wasn't the best dad after he left either. He'd call on birthdays and Christmas. He sent cards with some money but never anything more than a twenty." I sigh at the thought. "He was at Bell's funeral, but he didn't stay for the wake. He went to the service and threw some dirt on the casket then bailed right after. He didn't even say bye."

"Wow. Lizzy that's terrible." Harry says softly.

"He wasn't always like that though. When we were younger he was fantastic. He'd take us out and we'd do all these fun, family things. We were happy and we loved each other, all of us. And then one day when I was ten, I came home from school and he was gone. He just left in the middle of the day."

"Do you know why?"

"Honestly, no. He said he didn't love my mother anymore and that he couldn't handle it anymore. He said they were trying to stay together for us, until I was out of the house. But he couldn't anymore."

"How long has it been since you've talked to him?"

I roll over to lay on my back, looking up at the ceiling. How long has it been?

"He was at the house when I came home from Avalon. And after that, he was at my Grandmother's funeral. But I haven't actually seen him since then. That was a year and a half ago."

"I'm sorry Liz."

"It's okay. It's late." I sigh. "We should get to bed, we have school. I love you Harry." I smile as I say it.

"I love you too. Goodnight babe."

"Goodnight."
+-