Chapter Twenty

Had testing for the past two weeks so I was overwhelmed with studying and couldn't work on the story. Sorry for taking so long on this update. Enjoy though! -Bailey

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up from my sleep. I turned over sleepily to my nightstand and picked it up to see an unknown number calling me. I was tempted to ignore it and go back to sleep because I felt like absolute crap today. I had betrayed the love of my life with his friend and I wasn't ready to face the world yet. Still, I picked up.

"Hello" I said in a drowsy voice.

"B" the voice on the other line said in the same deep raspy tone I had grown accustomed to.

I instantly shot up in my bed.

"Babe?" I said as if I couldn't believe that I was finally hearing from him...because I couldn't!

Even though it had only been days since he "forbid me" from coming to see him, it felt like weeks! Plus, considering what had happened last night, it was refreshing to hear his voice.

"Yeah, it's me" he chuckled.

"This isn't the county phone" I pointed out still shocked at his call.

"Yeah, remember my cellmate I told you about? He managed to sneak in a phone and we're sharing it. He has people waiting for him on the outside too. Did I wake you up? You sound-"

"Boy, I could care less about my sleep right now. How are you?"

He chuckled.

"I'm fine, B. How are you? And Deon?"

"I've been okay. Had better days" I answered truthfully. "Deon's great. He's getting bigger. Can he...can we see you?"

I heard Chresanto sigh and I knew it was a bad sign.

"You know I don't want anything more than that but-"

"But you can't" I finished laying back on the bed saddened again.

"Look, B, the timing is just really fucked up right now. I'll let you know when it's okay but right now too many niggas are out to get me and wanna use ya'll to do it. I can't let that happen. You've been staying in the house, right?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now how's Devin?"

The mention of his name sent chills down my neck. All I would be able to think about for a while was what he and I did last night.

"Bahja"

"H-Huh?"

"I said how's Devin? He taking care of ya'll?"

"Y-yeah. He's fine"

"He told me Zonnique came by" he said and I could tell he was smiling.

Chresanto thinks she's funny mostly because of her flirtatious demeanor when they first met.

"I think that was more enjoyable for him than me" I scoffed.

"What do you mean?"

"They fucked" I said rolling my eyes.

Chresanto started laughing.

"You're kidding, man. I thought she was only there for the weekend!"

"She was but your friend really knows how to talk a girl out of her panties"

I would know.

"I hear that" Chresanto chuckled. "Anyway, I also wanted to let you know that my lawyer might be on to something"