Eavesdropping

I looked at Gabriel, my eyes wide as we listened in on everything going on in Victor's room. By the sounds of it, it wouldn't be long before Sean and Mr. Blackbourne got here.

And somehow... my father was back and wanted me.

"You have to help me get ready." I whispered to him. He studied me. "Please Meanie."

"Trouble, you can't mean that you're just going to up and go back to that house just because he demands you to?"

"What choice do I have?" I asked. "Marie clearly knew. She's throwing me under the bus with this. There is no reason she would have been cleaning house the day after Christmas unless she knew he was coming home. She was supposed to tell me. Why didn't she tell me?"

Gabriel studied me for a long moment before he pulled me into a hug. "Because she's a fucking bitch, Trouble. You're far too good for her now... and she knows it."

I sighed softly, wrapped up in his arms. I rested my head on his chest. "Maybe. I can't be anything for her anymore, I guess I see that now." He kissed my forehead. "You have to wash my hair. I'm mostly clean now, just have to change but I really need normal right now. So we're going to ignore them, ignore the end of camp and you're going to wash my hair and style it and let me dress badly in clothes that don't really fit me since we didn't bring anything from my bags that was still clean."

"Are you sure?" He pushed me back a little ways, his crystal blue eyes staring into mine.

"No." I said honestly. "But I trust my family to have my back. Mr. Blackbourne and Sean are going to be here before too long and I hope that means they have something figured out." I reached up and touched his cheek, pushing a lock of blonde hair back behind his ear. "And I'll do my part... I'll hold my breath, bite my tongue... whatever they want me to do." I said.

He finally nodded before lowering his head to mine and kissing my lips gently. "So you're going to be a good Academy girl... willing and obeying?" He asked softly.

I smiled slightly. "I am willing and I will obey." I agreed.

I can hold my breath

I can bite my tongue

I can stay awake for days

If that's what you want

Be your number one