Chapter 1- The Vampire Attack

--Keep this in mind while you read this: I hate rushed/underdeveloped stories. They make a hasty story and cut plot and important details.--

Simon has become a vampire in the passed time...

Clary ran down the road, Jace and Alec in front of her, and Isabelle trailing up behind her. She was lashing out at the oncoming vampires with her electrum whip. They hissed as the metal made contact with their milky skin. The group of Shadowhunters went around a corner, and were met by more vampires, which were baring their fangs, ready for blood.

"Just how many vampires are there in the Manhattan Clan?" Jace asked his parabatai.

"Why would you expect me to know?" Alec glared at the blond.

"Well, you do seem to know everything else," Alec rolled his eyes at the comment. "Clary, do you know how many vampires are in the Manhattan Clan?" now it was Clary's turn to roll her eyes.

"A, no, I don't. And B, does it truly matter right now?"

"Yes, their numbers do matter right now." Clary sighed at Jace's stubbornness as he continued. "Also, I though you might know due to your special connection to Simon," Jace spat the name of Clary's best friend.

"Ugh, Jace! Now is not the time to be jealous!" Clary shouted.

"Can someone remind me why we're even in this situation right now?" Isabelle interrupted, breaking up what would've become a major argument.

"Camille broke the Accords by feeding some of her blood to mundanes and making human subjugates. We tried to intervene quietly, but of course that didn't work out. So then we ended up getting here." Alec explained, blowing a stray strand of his long, charcoal hair out of his eyes.

"I hate Camille," Isabelle muttered. A vampire lunged out at the mention of his master's name. "Clary look out!" she yelled. Clary took her blade and quickly parried, cringing. The vampire turned to dust with a final wail.

"Attack!" a random vampire yelled. He lunged toward the Shadowhunters. Isabelle lashed out with her whip, sending dust flying in all directions. Jace surged forward, taking out three vampires in one blow with his blade. Alec took an arrow from his quiver, notched, and aimed. He shot with extreme accuracy, nailing a vampire squarely in the heart. Clary was holding her seraph blade steady and strong, parrying and thrusting.

The group was slowly being pushed back into an old trailer yard, the vampires forcing them closer to the river that lie not far away. The Shadowhunters slashed and hacked, dust flying everywhere.

Jace and Isabelle had pushed the herd of vampires around a corner, and continuing to bring them around the edge, clearing the trailer yard, which was now obsolete of vampires.

"Alec, come on! I think Clary's already up there with Izzy. Let's go!" Jace said quickly, he rounded the corner, sword in held ready in defense. He disappeared around the building, dust following his path. Alec began jogging to catch up, until he heard an muffled scream. He jerked around, arrow notched as he walked slowly back into the trailer yard.

He looked down the aisles that separated the trailers, and treaded lightly, barely making a sound. He head another scream, followed by a strangled whine, so quiet he hardly heard it. He kept his bow with the notched arrow pointed at the ground while he tiptoed, following the whine, letting his ears guide him. He was close, he could feel it. With his back against a trailer's rear end, he glanced around the edge quickly. Alec bit back a gasp as he tore his gaze away from the sight before him. Clary was on the ground, her eyes filled with terror was a vampire had its teeth implanted in her neck. Her arms moved limply, trying to tear the vampire away, but too weak to make an impact. Her fiery red hair was speckled with her deep scarlet blood. Alec pulled back the bowstring and released, sending an arrow at lightning speed, which wedged itself into the heart of one of the vampire's lackeys. The other two lackeys lunged, but weren't fast enough. Alec grabbed the seraph blade that he always had strapped to his back and swung the sword in an arc, decapitating the first lackey in one strike. Alec then grabbed a small knife that sit on his belt, and threw it, the blade embedded itself into the second lackey.