Chapter 10- The Party

Let me start off with the elephant in the room. I'M SO SORRY THAT I HAVE BEEN ABSENT FOR OVER TWO MONTHS!!!!!! I couldn't come up with anything. I felt-- and do still feel-- bad about the fact that I just couldn't sit down and focus on this story. I love it and all the fun it is to make. There is no way to make up for the time that I wasted, and I apologize for that more than anything. I tried to make the chapter a tad longer than normal to give a little extra to make up for my absence.

     So thank you anybody who is still here, and I can't believe that you managed to put up with all of my procrastination for the past two months.

Chapter 10- The Party

"Oh,"

"My,"

"Gosh." Clary, Alec and Jace said, one after the other.

"This is amazing!" Isabelle said, her hands on her hips. The other three just stood there, astounded. "Well come on! We don't want to stand in the doorway all night, do we?" Isabelle shoved the others with into the apartment, then shut the door behind her, letting any light from outside the room disappear.

The place was dark, with loud music pulsating in their ears. The only lights were the flashing neon lights that rained down on the floor at random increments. The dance floor was filled with downworlders.

"What is going on here?" Clary asked quietly, more to herself than to anyone else.

"To be honest, I really don't know myself..." Alec whispered in her ear, feeling just as out of place as she did.

"I don't know if I should be here. This is not my thing. I'd rather be back at the Institute, holed up in my room with a sketch pad and pencil." Clary said, shakily.

"You and me both... You know, except I'd have a book."

"I didn't even have a choice about coming, they just said and would and," Clary threw her hands out, flicking her wrists while doing so. "....now here I am..."

Alec was about to reply, but was interrupted by Jace. "Hey, Clary, do you want to go onto the dance floor?" he asked, holding out his hand.

"Um...I don't know. This really isn't my cup of tea." Clary said sheepishly.

"Plus, Jace," Isabelle said from beside him. "I brought Clary here because I thought that maybe she could loosen Alec up a bit. Like I said on the way here: stiff and stiffer loosening up together." Isabelle smiled at them. "So, go do whatever you please, just stay together. And, hey, why not get to know each other while you're at it!" Isabelle grinned widely, then grabbed an annoyed Jace and dragged him away from the two.

Clary and Alec stood next to each other silently. Clary rocked back and forth on her heels and toes. Alec drummed his fingers on the thick leather of his belt. He looked out at the party that lay before him, then gagged. He looked at Clary, then at the floor, letting his long, feathery hair fall over his forehead.

Even though they were at a noisy party, the silence was killing Clary. She tapped her foot on the ground to the beat of the loud music. Then, she started fiddling with her hair. After that got boring, she turned her head to check out the crazy party. She saw an open couch in the back of the apartment. She lit up. "Hey, Alec, do you wanna go....sit on a couch?" she bit her lip while scratching the back of her neck.

Alec turned around. "Well, it's better than standing around and doing nothing. Yeah," he followed her to the back of the apartment. They sat down and felt rather awkward as they silence returned. Clary opened her mouth to try and spark conversation, but decided against it.