1

I sat at the dark wooden desk my dad built for me on my 8th birthday staring at my homework. My brain felt like it was dying but I was set on finishing my work. If I finished and turned it in early I would get extra credit and I needed all the help I could get in Calculus. As I stared at my workbook my phone began to ring. I had placed it on the other side on the room on my night stand so it could charge and so I wouldn't be tempted to look. I let it ring until it went to voicemail, thinking that would be it and I could check it out when I was done but it began to ring again. I let it keep ringing but it wouldn't stop so, reluctantly, I made way over to the phone. I turned it over to see the name of my best friend displayed across the screen. 

"Hello?" I answered with a slightly annoyed tone. 

"Al, you gotta get over here." Harry's voice rang from the other end of the line.

"What? You know I can't, I'm doing homework." I said running my fingers through my hair, stressed out. "It's already 8 and I have a ton of homework."

"Al.." He said in a disbelieving tone.

"Okay,  maybe not a ton but I have to finish if I want the extra credit." I made my way back to my seat in front of my work.

There was a small pause and I knew exactly what was going to come next. "Please? For me?"

I rolled my eyes and look at my work that I had made no progress on within the last hour. With a loud sigh I close my workbook. "Fine, I'll be there in 10." I hung up the phone and grabbed my white vans from the floor and threw on some black running shorts instead of my sweats. Tonight was one of those perfect nights. The ones where the mosquitos aren't out biting but it's not chilly one bit. Those type of nights where you could stay out all night. 

When I arrived at Harry's house it was mostly dark, beside the light from the kitchen shining through the front window. I walked up to the front door and opened it slowly before poking my head in. "Harry?" I called stepping in and closing the door behind me.

"Finally!" He blurted rushing from the top of the stairs. He met me at the bottom and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the back door. "So my neighbors are gone for the week and they told me to house sit, right?" I nod as he leads me outside to the fence where he placed a chair tall enough to help us to climb over the fence. "Well, they have a pool." He says raising his brows up and down before climbing onto the chair and jumping over the fence. I watched with wide eyes and stood there wondering if I was supposed to follow him. When I didn't follow right away he poked his head back over the fence. "Come on, Alex."

I sigh and hesitantly take a step up onto the chair. I firmly grab the fence and throw my leg over cautiously before throwing my other leg over. I sat upon the fence and looked down to Harry who was staring up at me with the most adorable smile. "Okay, now jump." I glared at him and looked past him to the grass, preparing myself to land. I let go and with a little scream I land on all fours. I pause to make sure nothing hurts too bad and luckily, I landed fine.

I stand up to see Harry grinning at me. "Alright, lets get wet."

"Harry, I don't know about this." I watch as he gives me a smirk and brushes my worries off. He begins to slip off his shoes and I walk over to where he's standing. "It's not our pool."

He throws his shirt over his head and begging undoing his pants. I can't help but stare at his toned torso and tatted arms. Then, in a very seductive tone he said, "There comes a time when you need to stop playing by the rules because you end up having absolutely, positively," He began making his way towards me and I froze in my tracks. "No fun." He stares into my eyes and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He stared straight into my eyes, never breaking contact, his hand brushing up against mine. My heart was racing but before my brain could register what was happening, he began smirking.