12

Delia: He said that?

Me: every word of it

Delia: He loves you

Me: maybe so but I don't need him to say it

Delia: I can't believe he hasn't said it sooner

I shake my head and laugh as I lock my phone and place it beside me on the bed. After our little talk Harry decide he wanted to sit and watch the sunset. I got to say, it was nice sitting under the old tree even though my butt went numb. We talked for hours about a lot of things. Making jokes about things people have said to us. We talked about how I think my father's seeing someone and how I hope I'm right. He even invited me over for dinner tomorrow after school with his mom and I can't remember the last time he ever wanted me to have dinner with them.

I smiled and closed my eyes, pulling the quilt up over my shoulders and snuggling into my bed. I may have to go to school tomorrow but I don't dread it only because I know I'll get see him.

~~~

"Why are you so happy?" I turn and look to my side to see Beth and a smile over takes my face. Her dirty blond hair was in a messy bun, the stray pieces curled and she had on a lovely lavender spaghetti strap dress, unfitted, with her white converse. Perfect, as always.

"Oh my gosh! You're back!" I squeal and we hug instantly.

"Yes. London was great and all but I know life here is just as exciting and I was tired of missing it."

"You want to go back, don't you?"

"With all my heart!" She says dramatically.

Beth is always so dramatic and she fits into the drama department very well. She's the one that gets all the leads and all the boys swoon over her and yet she has always remained so humble and loving.

"However, I hear from some girls with big mouths in the bathroom that Harry and Clary are no longer a thing." She raises her eyebrows, searching for answers.

We begin walking to lunch together and I can't help but smile. "They broke up."

"Oh thank god!" Her facial expression made me laugh quietly. She's like that person that doesn't always seem like they'd be someone you'd want to hang around but when you get to know them they turn out to be the one person who can lighten any mood by just being there and is your go to. "You know, I've never liked the way their names rhymed. Harry and Clary. While it seems cool when I introducing them, like, "Oh, this is Harry and Clary", for them it just doesn't work." She shakes her head slowly. "Harry and Clary. Clary and Harry... bleh." She pretend shivers and we get in line for the same food we always get in line for.

"I'm just glad that's over. He was always being super secretive and lying to me."

"Lying?!" She was absolutely appalled.

"Yes, lying." I shake my head and say it like we're in a soap opera.

"What'd he lie about?"

"Oh, you're gonna love this."

We pay for our food and sit at our normal table. So far, no one else had showed up so we have a little time alone.

"Ok, go." She says completely focusing on me.

"Ok, well, it all started when he called me over to go swimming."

"He doesn't have a pool." She interrupts.

"His neighbors." She mouths 'oh' and begins listening again. "Anyway, we get in and we almost kiss," Her face lights up but falls when I tell her what happened after. "But then some fireworks went off and we didn't."