0.3

The bumpy car trip is silent. Rick drives with Michonne sitting next to him in the passenger seat. Carl, Glenn, Tara and I are all pushed together into the back seat. No one talks yet, everyone seems comfortable in the silence.

As I stare out the window past Tara's head I can mostly only see crowded areas of trees. Even occasionally I see the dead wandering within them. When I do, I tense up causing Tara to glance at me.

Endless minutes, maybe an hour passes and I have no idea in the slightest of where we are. The thought scares me but, what can I lose from here?

The car begins to slow and I look ahead as we stop before other cars. There cars in front of us have branches-no-spikes pierced through them. It seems like a different way to hunt and I stare at the cars in confusion.

"Abby," Carl says softly.
I flick my eyes towards him to see him looking at me expectantly, in fact everyone is.
"This is Alexandria," Rick says.

I gaze past him, beyond the cars and become mesmerised with the tall metal walls.

Everyone begins exiting the car and I do the same. When we're outside I stare at the walls until, after walking closer, we reach a gate that's pulled back immediately.

We enter and I let out a breath of air. Inside of the walls, are trees and houses. It's a town, it's really a town. There is grass and water and people sitting on porches. There is-

"Whose that?" A voice asks, snatching me out of my wonder. I look towards the person who spoke. It's a man, he's broad with long hair and a frown on his face.

"The girl we took in," Rick answers.

"Who'd ya find this time?" I hear another voice ask. I look up to see where it came from.

Above us, standing on a wooden pillar or tower of some sort is a tall man with a red beard and another black woman.

"Her names Abby," Tara yells up at them, then smiles.
"Well hello there," the red haired man says with a grin.
"Hi?" I say quietly. I'm not sure if he heard me but he chuckles then begins to look over the wall.

"Come on," Rick says walking away. We follow him. He leads us through the town, we pass houses and other people, some holdings guns and some not. They all stare at me as we pass.

Rick stops in front of a house.
"This will be your house," he says to me. "There were people living in it, a family but they're gone now. Now usually we just don't give new people a big house but, I guess you're just lucky. I'm trusting you at the moment, break that trust and we leave you out there to die," he says pointing to the woods.

I nod.
"It was a mess in there but the girls cleaned that up I think. I'll get Carol to come over soon with clothes," Rick continues.

I nod again.
"Another girl around your age lives there. I don't know where she is, good luck."

And with that, he walks off.