Chapter 5 - Surprise, surprise...

"What... what did you say" I managed to choke out.

Mitchy shrugged, her blonde hair bouncing with her shoulders, "I said yes" she started simply "I mean come on guys, he's a jack ass, but hes hot!"

Emmi let out a low laugh "Is he your mate?" she asked 

Mitchy was quick to shake her head no. "He said that his mate rejected him!"

I stared at her dumbfounded "WHAT?"

Now I know I proabbly shouldn't have yelled but come on.. what a jack ass!

So Caleb said 7, right?

That's right wolfy! Come on board!

"Why do you care?? Do you know who it is?" Emmi asked as she scooted over to me. 

I looked down at my hands. 

Just tell them! They're your friends!

If I could I would punch my wolf right now! She can't just tune in and out, commenting on the convo of her choice and then blanking out when I actually need her opinion on something!

Actually... I can!

"UUUUGGHH" 

Both Mitchy and Emmi shot me worried looks. "You okay Bells, hearing voices again?"

Typical wolf joke!

"Ha ha ha... im rolling on the floor with laughter!" I said sarcastically as I reached for the bag of chips. "But no! I just thought that Connor was dating Scarlet!"

Mitchy shrugged, "he said he dumped her for his mate and then she rejected him, so.."

Emmi shot up from her seat on the couch and raced over to Mitchy. "Oh i'm so happy for you! Now we HAVE to talk outfits!"

As the two girls dived into the world of high heels and matching purses I sat alone on the couch thinking of my own depressing reality. I mean this time a month ago the only thing I had to decide was whether I wanted pizza or a burger for lunch (pizza won every time!). Now, suddenly I need to decide if I'm going to fight for my mate or watch him slip away to another girl. 

Life would be so much simpler if I was Cinderella!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So did you tell them what really happened?" Tanner asked. We were sitting on the bed in my room. I was supposed to be getting ready for my date with Caleb. We were going to the fair...cheesy much!

I shrugged my shoulders and wrapped Tanner's arm around me. "Whatever, I have a date with Caleb tonight anyway-obviously. So it's not like it really matters. No use opening closed wounds!"

Tanner chuckled under his breath before planting a kiss on my temple. "Just be careful Bells. Alright?"

"Alright!" I laughed as I shot up from my bed. "Now tell me, blue or yellow?" I started as I lifted my two favorite pair of pants "Which screams 'kiss me' more?"

Tanner rolled his eyes before pushing past me. "Gray!"

I grabbed the skirt from Tanners hand and went over to find a matching top. 

I quickly slipped on my outfit, along with a couple necklaces and earrings. "Woah! Tanner! This skirt is way to short!" I complained as I tugged on the edge trying to get it to cover just a couple more inches of skin.

"Stop it!" Tanner said as he slapped my hands away from my skirt. "Now quit fussing and let me finish with your hair!"

I looked up at Tanner "are you sure you're not gay? 'Cuz you know I would have no problem with that! I've always wanted a gay best friend!"

He let out a loud laugh. "Well sorry babe! Today just isn't your lucky day! I'm just not afraid to come in touch with my feminine side... plus I have three older sisters!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later I was sitting in Calebs car wearing a gray skirt with a turquoise top. My hair was straitened and pushed back with a couple bobby pins and my makeup was - non existent! That's what happens when your mothers old fashioned and would kill you if you wore anything more then mascara and lip gloss!

But at least I had my gorgeous converse to keep me company. It's the only thing I chose out for myself. If Tanner had it his way I would be wearing the 4 inch heels my mom bought me last spring. 

"So, you look REALLY nice!" Caleb said, his grip tightening on the steering wheel. 

I smiled to myself, letting my hair fall in front of my face, hiding the blush. "Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself!" 

Caleb smiled "Just 'not too bad'?" he asked as he pretended to be offended. 

I chuckled softly "Don't push your luck sweetheart!"

Caleb's hands loosened a bit, "Pet names already? But we only just met!"

The air untensed in the car and pretty soon Caleb and I were 'shooting the breeze'. We were having a normal casual conversation, none of that weird pre date stuff going on. It was weird with Caleb I felt comfortable, never like I had to chage, or prove myself, the way I felt with Connor. It was good!

Once we were there Caleb stopped the car. "I don't have to open the car door for you or anything.. do I?" he asked.

I laughed as I reached for the door and opened it myself. "Nope, I think I can handle that all on my own!"

Relief filled Calebs face. "It's just you don't really seem like the romantic kind of girl.."

I laughed at him again. He seemed so stuck, like he didn't know what to say. "Oh, i'm not! Now let's go you dope!"

We walked in together hand in hand, and I couldn't help but think of how natural it felt, and how well my hand fit into Calebs. 

Only when we had to decide which ride to go to did Caleb finally let go. "Ferris Wheel or The Hurricane?" he asked. 

"Um... Hurricane! Talk about the best ride known to man!" I said as I reached for his hand again and started pulling him towards the line. 

We didn't have to wait long before we were seated, and slowly the ride started to go up, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 250, 300 feet in the air! I reached for Calebs hand just as we'd reached the highest point and then, suddenly, we were flying down, the wind in our hair, going faster then we've ever been before. Screams and laughter surrounding us, and my hand firmly placed between Calebs fingers. It was perfect! 

And then it was done. The ride was over. We climbed out, our hands still interwined. A smile was permanently plastered across my face and thats when Caleb stopped walking took his free hand and placed it on my hip, and kissed me!

No asking, no hesitation. Just his warm lips against mine, filling me with warmth and surprisingly sparks. I took my own free hand and wrapped it around his neck, kissing him back, and even though the kiss only lasted a few seconds, it was perfect!