Chapter 10 - The words that had to be spoken!

In the following weeks I forgot about everybody., Caleb, Connor, Emmi, Mitchy, Justin, my family!

The only person on my mind, was Tanner. 

"So, how'd you find out?" I asked as we lay on the hospital bed together one saturday afternooon. 

Tanner swallowed nervously, "It was after the accident, they gave me an X-Ray to check for broken ribs,  and spotted a lump in my lung."

I nodded as I pulled at the hem of my shirt. "Does it hurt?"

Tanner shook  his head, "Nah, they got me drugged up like crazy! Why do you think i'm so damn weak?"

I laughed quietly "Your living every teenagers dream! Constant high!"

The room went quiet after those words left my mouth. Tanner wasn't living every teenagers dream! The opposite actually! I mean he was dying for heavens sake!

"I'm so sorry Tan, I'm a horrible person!" I cried, tears falling down my face. 

Tanner shook his head. "Oh, Bella!" he laughed "Stop worrying, I'm dying not boring!"

I let out a light laugh, wiping up my tears. 

"I love you Tanner! More then the world!" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck, as much as I could that is. Without breaking anything.

Tanner nodded "I'm gonna miss you to babe! Heavens gonna suck without you!"

I smiled "What do you think heavens like?" 

Tanner shrugged "No clue, but im hoping theres unlimited cheese burgers and hot babes!"

"You're such a guy!" I cried, wiping a tear off my cheek. 

I unhooked my hands from around Tanners neck and leaned against his chest. "Why aren't you healing? Like werewolf healing!" 

Tanner shrugged "I don't know! I've asked myself that question to, multiple times!"

I nodded as closed my eyes, trying to imagine a world were everything was perfect. Were Tanner wasn't dying, were Caleb was my mate, not Connor, and I was actually passing school. 

Three unrealistic dreams! I mean technically with a little hard work I would be able to pass pretty well but with all the crap going on in my life right now - ain't nobody got time for that!

"You know Bells, if all goes well, I might not die!" Tanner said, breaking me out of my thoughts. 

I immedietly lifted myself up from the bed and turned around to stare at him "WHAT?"

Tanner looked at me weirdly "Yeah, they caught it pretty early on, only stage one, theres a pretty big chance I'll survive! Especially if my werewolf healing decides to kick in!"

As I stared at Tanner and listened to him droan on about his cancer and possible treatment plans I started laughing. I just started laughing! I mean, the whole situation was weird!

"What the hell are you laughing at?" Tanner asked as he ran his fingers through what was left of his hair. 

I shrugged as I continued laughing, I just couldn't stop. 'Cuz maybe, just maybe, everything would be all right!

________________________________________________________________________

On my way home from the hospital I decided to stop at Calebs house.

As I walked up to his door a smile started to spread across my face. I was happy again, for the first time since I had found out about Tanner, and I wanted to share my few moments of joy with my amazing boyfriend!

I waited patiently for two minutes for someone to answer the door. 

"Hello?" A young girl, probably no more then thirteen, said as she opened the door. 

I smiled down at her, she looked alot like Caleb, and if she was single now that definitley wouldnt last long, not with teenage boys around! 

"Is Caleb home?" I asked.

She nodded "I'll get him!"

I watched as she ran into the house to go find Caleb. She was thin, pretty, and by the looks of this house, wealthy. The definition of a catch, just like her brother! 

Soon enough Caleb came into veiw. 

"Bella? Hey what are you doing here?" he asked as he came out on to the patio, closing the door behind him.

I reached up to him and slammed my lips against his. We stood there kissing for a good two minutes before Caleb broke it up. 

"Damn I've missed you!" he said, as he leaned his forhead against my own. 

"Yeah" I breathed "I've missed you to!"

Caleb took my hands and started pulling me towards the stairs. "Why you here? Something on your mind?"

I sat down on the steps "Yes actually! Something is on my mind!"

"Okay" he said as he sat down next to me "What is it?" 

I took a deep breath as I took Calebs hands in mine "I don't care that were not mates! Seeing what's going on with Tanner has got me thinking, I wanna live in the now! And now, now I want to be with you, and just you!"

Caleb laughed as he grabbed me and wrapped me in a tight hug. 

"I love you Bella! I love you so much!"