The little things matter

At the end it's the little things that you remember.

Ten years from now you're not going to remember how expensive the designer watch that your first love brought for you was, or the times when he/she claimed his love for you with a bouquet of roses. You're going to make hundreds of similar memories with diffrent people and eventually, you'll forget all about the grand, carefully planned out moments.

Instead, all that's going to embedded in your memories are the little details. Some days when you're feeling sad, the memory of you two laughing at an especially bad joke is suddenly going to pop up and make you smile again. At 3. a.m., when you're unable to fall asleep, you're going to remember how you snuggled with him/her late at night and how he/she whispered in your ear about how happy he/she was to have you in his/her life.

It's not going to me about your senior prom or the trip you took to Hawaii, but about the late-night video chats and soft kisses stolen under the moonlight. What he/she leaves you are memories of you two sharing earphones to your favourite music, your first time holding hands with his/her thumb mindlessly rubbing over yours, and the rush of emotions that charged through your veins when you softly called his/her name out to yourself.

Although first you won't remember the little details of your love story, in the end, they are all that are going to matter.

- By enchantingflaws on instagram.