Rude Awakening

His eyes burst open to the sound of something shaking violently. Heart pounding against his chest. Someone's muffled screaming echoing throughout the exhibit. The very first thought that came to Nathan's mind was an earthquake seeing as everything had suddenly grown dark around him in the room and the person screaming.

Moving in a standing position, Nathan held onto the wall to steady himself but his eyes cracked open when he realized that the room was not shaking in the slightest. "H-Huh? What the hell? Then where'd the shaking..."

Two dark shadows are looming over him now that makes him slowly lift his head.

What he sees next nearly causes him to piss himself on the spot.

The two Egyptian jackals that stood side by side in front of Ahkmenrah's exhibit were glowering down at him, their deadly sharp spears raised above their arms. Ready to strike at any moment. "Uh. H-Hi there...Wow. McPhee really did an amazing job with you guys...It's almost as if you're actually trying to-."

He never got to finish that sentence for he let out a frightened scream when they brought down their swords, criss crossing as he scrambles passed them looking back to see Ahkmenrah's sarcophagus shaking like mad and the tablet on the wall glowing!

Nathan was running up the stairs as fast as his legs could possibly carry him. "Excuse me! Excuse me, pardon me, coming through!" He says, pushing and shoving live wax figures out of the way ignoring their complaints of how 'rude' he was behaving. Larry. He needed to find Larry and figure out what the hell was going on. This wasn't possible! Just not possible.

He passed an Amish group of men and women as he made his way down more stairs that led towards the lobby, heart feeling like it was about to burst out of his chest any minute now. On the last two steps, he tripped over his own feet sending him sprawling right on the floor hitting his chin and hissing at a burning feeling on his hands and knees.

That's going to feel good in the morning...now where is-?

Larry's rather high scream catches his attention whipping his head at the source of the sound. He can hear the older male calling out for help hiding under the receptionist desk as the large T-Rex skeleton at the entrance of the museum wreaks havoc around it. "Mr. Daley!" He calls out, knowing it's probably a stupid idea but he can't leave the poor guy like that. "Mr. Daley it's me, Nathan! What the hell's going on around here?!"

"Nathan?!"

The older male pokes his head out, a relieved look on his face yet also mixed with puzzlement wondering how he could still be here but shrugs it away just as the T-Rex skeleton slams his tail down on the desk again. "Nate! Instructions...Cecil gave me a set of instructions but it must have fallen out of my pocket! Help me look for it will ya?!"

Giving a frantic nod of his head Nathan jumps over the desk just as the T-Rex skeleton almost grabs his pant leg ducking and trying to dodge falling objects. Feeling relieved greatly, Larry sighs with relief as he flips over numerous pages trying to find the instructions.

The first on the list was...

"Throw the-BONE?!" Larry and Nathan both shriek.

"What kind of messed up instructions are these?!"

THUD.

Both males look up soon to find the T-Rex skeleton now looming over them, but not looking so chaotic compared to just moments ago. They lower their gaze and see its tail even starting to wag a bit...like a dog's or puppies.

Now the source of the thud became clear. They can see the T-Rex's bone laying on the ground and its even panting like a dog would with anticipation.