T W O

Your POV

I'm sure today was a sad day for her. She never wanted to be a Queen.. she had told me many times of her dream to be a ballet dancer and she said she always wanted to perform across the globe everywhere. Though that can't happen her dreams of traveling would be crushed too, our family may be rich but we certainly don't have the time to travel. Maybe only on special occasions when the kingdom doesn't need you ,and I'm sure it certainly does.

I went outside my room to go to my Sisters room when I heard all the maids go out from my room. I made sure they where all walking away and when they did I hurriedly went in the room.

And I saw Aureliana... she was beautiful much more beautiful. It's like the maids made her a goddess or something, she gave me a smile and hugged me when I went in the room, her satin emerald green dress brushing over my skin.

"You look beautiful Aury!" I said happily.

"Thank you sis!" She said as she gave me a twirl of her Emerald green dress that she will soon appear tonight in when they announce the coming of a new selection. I sat on her bed suddenly getting self aware of myself. I fixed my own day dress that was (f/c) and only reached below my knee, I also fixed my own hair. But when I came contact with my skin, I frowned. I felt the bumps of the red pimples that covered my face, also scars from scratching it, I also felt the small warts I had.. I looked down and lowered my hand from my face to my lap.

"Hey... are you alright...you seem sad today.." she said sitting down next to me holding my hand.

"O-oh.. no its really nothing." I said and gave one big smile, she soon quickly smiled too.

"Their going to announce my selection now.. I feel nervous (y/n)." She said as she put my hand on her heart, I felt the thumps of her heart and it was very fast. "See?" She said putting my hand back down.

"Yeah... but aren't you used to this stuff? You practically face a camera every week." I said and she just laughed at my statement , I let out a few chuckles too.

"Well.. This is different.. Their going to announce a new selection.. and.." she gave a sight. "And... you know.. people will get excited and.. I really don't know why I'm nervous. You're right." She said.

"I know I am." I said.

"Hey will you come this time?" She asked me, I waved my head no. The last time I was publicly seen with my family and also the last time I was ever publicly seen was when I was 10. People never usually noticed me, oh! they know I exist they just aren't interested in me I wasn't worth their time.

Every week there are usually updates from the palace that's when my dad talks and informs everyone about the things going on and the new projects and all that other stuff, sometimes my mother would come in, and also my sister since she's crowd favorite she always gets seen. The whole kingdom is usually exited every time a Selection happens... seriously every single one. People would throw parties and everyone would just become so happy.

People love The Selection, why? It was broadcasted. There would be cameras sometimes watching you, and hell you wouldn't know. There is also weekly updates of who the heir hangs out with most of the time. The dates the heir goes with is also televised also the parties and events. But of course my Dad picks what to televise and what not to, we still had our privacy. No cameras where allowed in the upper floors where the rooms are to keep privacy, also the Camera men had to be authorized my the king himself.

"Oh... I was hoping you'd come." She said sadly and gave a sight.

"You know they don't like me.... remember. Father and Mother don't want to start a controversy of an Ugly Daughter living under the palace you know." I said, our reputation with the public is very important. My Father and Mother want the whole family to be seen as the 'ideal' and 'perfect' family by the people. Apparently I wasn't part of that, a perfect family wouldn't consist of an ugly daughter would it? The truth was when I started hitting puberty, I became very ugly, pimples all over my face, on my forehead and cheeks, small warts, scars from the pimples, there was also pimples on my back so say goodbye to backless dresses!

Also I can name so much more imperfections that it would take me 2 days to say everything in full detail.

I don't want to describe things anymore... I might cry in front of my sister, and she'd never seen me cry I'd like to keep it that way. My greatest insecurity was probably myself..

"You aren't ugly at all (y/n)!" She said.

"Stop trying to compliment me Aury....okay? I'd rather have the Ugly truth to my face rather than the pretty lies." I said my hand resting on my chin and my elbow resting on my thigh.

"To me you aren't. Okay? On the outside maybe you are. But that doesn't define you (y/n), what's in here defines you. And I think you are the most beautiful sister I can ever have."she said grabbing my hand and putting it over my heart, she smiled at me it was a sincere smile and I knew she was telling the truth.

I believed in her...I gave a smile too.

I gave a sight. " I guess your right.." I said.

"See I am aren't I? Anyways don't feel left out every time you don't get seen by the Cameras just because of something so simple as physical aspects. You have something better." She said holding both my hands tightly, then a knock was heard on the door.

"Princess Aureliana! We will start the Public Announcement soon! Please come out the crowd is waiting!" Someone said from outside, she stood up.

"Good bye (Y/n) see you later!" She said and waved goodbye to me, I waved goodbye too.

"Good luck! I'm sure the crowd loves you!" I said with a smile as she walked out the door.

Little did I know... that was the last time I saw her...

I walked outside her room and to my bedroom, I opened my TV to watch the live public announcement. People where crowded outside the palace. I looked outside to see people and also the stage where the King, Queen, and Aureliana sat with there big thrones, and also the very eccentric and charming host Louis, he was about 40 something and had sandy beach blonde hair that was clean cut, a visible stuble, ocean blue eyes and a dimple every time he smiled, he looked young for his age. He's been the host of the Weekly announcements and countless other several stuff including My Mother's selection.

I turned back to the TV since I had better view there than looking down from my bed room window, people where cheering so loudly I couldn't here Louis' voice until he shushed the crowd and they obeyed.

"Welcome everybody!" Louis shouted and the crowd cheered.

"We have a Special announcement!! Princess Aureliana, I give you the honor to tell them this Special Announcement" He said and the crowd cheered again, soon my sister stood up from her throne and walked over to the microphone.

Her Emerald Green dress that matched her eyes and earings glimmered with beauty, sometimes I think if the clothes were to talk they would be honored that they were worn by such a beautiful girl as Aureliana. Well that's just a thought anyways.

Her beautiful silky hair swayed across the wind, and the sun shone on her beautifully olive skin that made her glimmer in the sunlight.

"Everyone... I am happy to Announce a New Selec-"

BANG!

I couldn't believe my eyes, I stared blankly at the screen. I was too stunned to react, screams never came out of my mouth when I saw what had happened.

My sister was shot...

▪▪▪