03.

Nora had felt an exhaustingly lengthy string of emotions, in the past ride of twenty four years.

And the beads of anger adorned a diminutive portion of it. Nora's anger was always, simply candle flames, flickering on a wick too short to last long. But it was present, and it did its fair share of damage to the other beads.

Her midwinter-sky eyes; in contrast to the despicable beads, tirelessly danced in an attempt to vanquish the source of her flames. She detested the flames and the source, however tiny it maybe. Its extensions weren't important, the smallest hurdles caused infuriation. Infuriation at the edge caused the scorching flames (the extensions didn't matter, remember?), they tarnished the enchanted beads strung dangerously close to them. Those beads were the emotions our sober self didn't want to let go, but the flames were a sadist and jealous lot.

But disaster struck when the pretty lustrous beads lost themselves eventually and the flames still wanted more, more, more. They then begin eating away the irreplaceable string too. Her strong disgust towards the human tendency of temper was justified. But again, she was a human (fortunately or unfortunately, she didn't really know).

Nora felt the sharp and short stings, teleporting from one spot of her leg to the other. Why couldn't the mosquito feel the heat from her flames?

Because, it was as much as a sadist as its consequence was.

The little creature kept bouncing with all its energy and Nora kept giving her legs a vigorous shake. The earthquake on its prey's surface didn't bother the mosquito. So the prey decided to stop bothering too.

She realised that the voice the radio emitted was reduced to a volume too less to be considered audible. Arden had been talking for a long time now, Nora listening to quite a bit of nothing. So her second decision was to change that. Her earphones tainted with a hue similar to that of fresh grass, wove around the platform of her finger. The buds peaked out of her bag's zip pocket and finally revealed its entire length with a single tug.

Nora liked earphones. She also liked annoying her fellow passengers, but that had been done (she liked ice tea, remember?). She bought her earphones from a town whose name she had long forgotten, she did an excellent job with doing things like that. And her earphones did an excellent job too, the passengers couldn't hear what she could.

They were an ancient piece, yet forever strong and going on. Nora had a feeling the pair would be by her side for a longer time. She could now hear Arden's enrapturing words, her radio's produce (for her, only for her).

And as her surroundings eliminated by themselves, a sudden and odd wish bloomed.

She wished that one day our strings,

                                                       would be as enduring as her earphones. 

**

(lydia i finally) this is now off hold and believe me, i'm pumped. 

i was playing around with a picture and the thing to the side happened -->

dedicated to ivy, she is lovely and makes me smile a lot with her comments and did i mention she is lovely? <3