22: starting over..

100 comments and votes for new chaptaaa

Question of the day// fav walking dead episode?
Mine is Seed (Season 3, Ep 1)

Lacy

"Go." I whispered, as Cass took off across the backyard, camouflaged by the dark of night, her long hair swaying behind her, streaks of blonde shining against the moonlight as she disappeared into the darkness

I felt fatigued, since the cancer started I've been sleeping a lot more, but I wouldn't be sleeping tonight for awhile.

I ran across the yard with my backpack hanging off me, waiting for Carl as I stood alongside the others.

He ran across the grass, feeling for me, grabbing my hand, as he pulled me to the fence. He held the flashlight in between his teeth, motioning me to go up.

I began the climb up the wall, unsure on why we would want to leave this safe haven, but sure that I wanted to.

I got to the top of the fence, prepared for the climb down, stopping to look one more time at Alexandria.

A few lights glowed in house Windows, street lights dim, the moonlight flooding on the empty streets.

My feet hit the ground, as I stood in front of the large fence that blocked this world from that world.

The others began to climb soon after, and I slouched on the ground picking grass out of the ground and rolling it between my fingers.

Olivia went with Carl, she had trouble climbing with one hand. When everyone was down we all looking at each other, carl avoiding Zacks gaze. Beads of sweat clung to his forehead under his blonde hair, done up in his classic, preppy hairstyle

"Here we go." Olivia smiled, letting out a long breath of relief, "We can start over.."

I squeezed her hand, and she squeezed back.

Carl's flashlight shone a fluorescent path into the forest, the tree line barely visible, as we walked into it, unaware of what was in store for us or what other things roamed this same forest.

ONE WEEK LATER (this is like a short glimpse into the future and then the next chapter will be how they got there aka the week you didn't see)

Unknown POV

"Go!!" Someone's voice screamed out, but I couldn't see anyone from my Alexandria group.

The ambush left the smoke bombs clouding my eyes, the thick smoke rising in the air as I stumbled around the barn, feeling my way to the forest.

I clutched my stomach in pain, the fresh bullet wound seeping blood through my shirt, weakening my breath.

So many voices were screaming out and calling for one another, there had to be at least 12 other groups on the farm before we were ambushed.

I couldn't hear any from mine, and I called out to them, hearing a faint voice far in the distance, replying to me, calling out me name.

The voices began to get harder to understand as my head got dizzier, blood flow and breathing in smoke taking a toll as they became morphed together and I couldn't tell what was happening.

Gunshots rang out from the enemy, bullets slicing through the air blindly, and I couldn't tell where they were coming from because of the smoke cloud that reached the ground to mid sky.

I felt people run past me, trying to flee the scene, stumbling over one another like the blind leading the blind.

One body was sprinting, and bumped me as I felt my body fall over onto the gravel, dirt dusting up on my face as I laid there, no strength to get up.

People kicked past me as they ran, one finally stopping by my side, trying to help me up, but I was too exhausted, the blood from the wound now soaking my entire shirt, glimmering on the roads of the road underneath me, puddling between the cracks.

"Help me," I breathed, but the man stopped and sat me down, "They're getting closer, I-I'm so sorry, I-I have to go-"

In my head I  screamed at him, HELP ME! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!

But all I could manage was a sad look as he staggered away giving me a sympathetic and sad look before he disappeared in the fog.

100 votes
100 comments