25: ambush

100 comments, 100 votes

Question of the day: favorite cartoon?
Answer: SpongeBob Squarepants BOYYYY

Lacy

"This is serious." A voice echoed in my head, as I slowly came back to reality

My eyes half opened, my body tired. I laid against the pillow, the sound of crickets chirping surrounding the tent outside.

I saw two figures standing outside the tent, their shadows casting along the sides from the flashlight.

"This is serious." A girls voice hissed

The other shadow ran their hands through their hair, "Are you sure it's mine..?"

"Yes, dumbass. You're the only person I've slept with since... Since Jake died."

"What the fuck are we gonna do?" The other voice said

"I don't know." Olivia replied

I was too sleepy to hear who she was talking to, my was head spinning, and I wasn't even sure if I was awake.

"How do I tell Lacy?" The voice said

"You don't. Not yet, at least. And why would you tell her? I should be the one to tell her."

I tried to force myself to wake up, was I dreaming?

The tent unzipped, and I laid my head down quickly, pretending to sleep.

Olivia signed, sitting down next to me, laying her body on the blankets, sniffling slightly.

I wanted to tell her it would be okay, but I was so confused. Is this real? Did I hear what I think I heard? Is Olivia pregnant? Is it Carl's baby?

"Who were you talking to?" I finally said

Olivia stayed silent for a moment, then replied, "No one important. What did you hear? I thought you were sleeping-"

"I was. I woke up and I thought I heard someone with you but I wasn't sure." I said, my heart pounding as I prayed what I heard was not true, and it wasn't Carl she was talking to.

"Don't worry about it. Get some sleep, you need it."

                                 ~

I spit toothpaste into the sink, rinsing my mouth with water from my bottle, and left the bathroom.

I walked towards my tent to put
My things away, but Olivia was in there, and so was Carl. They were sitting on the floor of the tent, and she was talking quickly.

My jaw clenched, and I couldn't help but feel betrayed. My heart was breaking as I stood there, staring into the tent watching the people I thought I loved talk. Talk about what? Probably their unborn child.

I walked to breakfast, keeping my head down, ignoring people who were greeting me.  Cass sat at the table in the corner, and I sat down next to her, slumping into the chair.

She looked at my strangely, and I gave her a rude, "What.?"

"Nothing, it's just, you never wanna talk to me."

I sighed, realizing I have been a bit of a bitch towards Cass for no reason but my own personal jealousy. And it wasn't even her I should have been worried about, it was my best friend.