Prologue

Tink and Peter's Story
Tink
I pranced around on the deck, waving the wand furiously, fireballs flying around randomly. My mommy, Salestia, sat with my daddy, Captain James Hook. My mommy was beaming down at me, and my daddy was chasing me around and around, as Peter zoomed around, skimming the floor of the deck. Peter was my brother, and he was five, and I was seven, and my mommy was big and round because she says she's going to have another baby, but daddy keeps telling us the secret that she eats too many chocolate cakes. Daddy grabbed my waist and lifted me up, me still screaming and wriggling madly. Suddenly, he started tickling me and I squirmed so much he dropped me on my bum! I shrieked, scrambled up, and ran to mommy.

"Mommy!" I cried. She smiled gently.

"Yes, Tinkerbell?" She asked. I jumped and landed in her lap.

"Oof!" She exhaled sharply. Then, I wrapped my tiny arms around her, and turned to glare at my daddy.

"Daddy dropped me!" I whined. Mommy's lovely laugh made me smile. She kissed the top of my head.

"I think you'll be fine." She stood, up, swayed, then sat back down. I frown.

"Mommy?" She smiled weakly and nodded.

"Yes?" She asked, her voice faint. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her lightly.

"Mommy, are you ok?" Suddenly, she gasped in pain. I jumped backward off her, landing again on my bottom on the floor. "Daddy!" I cried, tears streaming down my face. "Daddy!" I screamed again. He appeared by mommy in an instant.

"Salestia?" He asked, his voice tight with concern. She gasped again.

"James...the baby is coming!" She gripped his hand and I saw him wince in pain. His slipped his arm under her legs and behind her back and lifted her up. I moved to follow but daddy shook his head.

"No, Tink. Wait here. I'm taking your mother to Doctor Benedict." And with that he turned, and carried mommy, still gasping in pain, downstairs. Peter landed next to me and spoke to me.

"Where are they going, Tink?"

"To Doctor Benedict."I replied. "Mommy's having a baby." I giggle and hug him. "I want a little sister." I say. He nods.

"Me too." He says. I grab his hand and drag him downstairs into our room.

It's dark out when daddy comes into our room. "The doctor says mommy won't have the baby until tonight. The baby was just kicking really hard." Daddy explains. I nod curtly and turn back to my book. Peter doesn't even look up. Then I realize he's asleep. I hear the door close, then I lay my head down on my pillow and close my eyes...

Peter
An ear piercing scream startles me awake and I flail, the blanket suffocating me. The blankets are pulled back and cool air rushes down my throat. I gasp and sit up. Tink looks anxiously at the wall, which blocks us from seeing into the other room, where mommy is. Another scream tears through the silence, and I hear muffled voices in the room over. First, it's daddy.

"Shh, Salestia, it'll be ok." He murmurs, and I hear panting, which is mommy.

"I...hope—" She screams again, cutting herself off. Then the doctor.

"Miss Hook, I need you to hang in there!" His urgent voice is louder than mommy's or daddy's. "You're doing great, it's almost over." I hear mommy panting again and Tink closes her eyes. Then, she climbs into bed with me and hugs me tight, and it hurts, but I don't tell her because I'm not scared. I close my eyes tight, trying to fall asleep.

The screams go on for at least an hour, and finally, mommy lets out a final blood curdling shriek, and it turns into an exhausted moan. Then we hear crying. Then daddy's exited voice.