Part 1

[Disclaimer: I do not own the image used to produce the cover art of this story. This is a work of fiction and all characters and events in this story, including those based on real people, are entirely fictional. No harm is intended towards any real people appearing as characters in this story.]

“Ow, what the hell!”

                19-year-old Stephanie Porter looked over at Crystal Mercado, right before her best friend crashed into her. “Are you okay?”

                But Crystal wasn’t paying attention – her angry stare was directed at a tall man passing through the crowd. “Jerk!” Crystal called after him.

                “What?” Stephanie’s 12-year-old brother Christopher asked between the girls. “What happened?”

                “That stupid creep just shoved me!” Crystal complained. “He just walked into my shoulder without even saying ‘excuse me’! How rude are some people?” Still angry, Crystal raised a hand to flip the finger at the man who was long gone.

                Stephanie didn’t mean to laugh at her friend, but she couldn’t help it. The three of them – and Crystal’s 8-year-old sister Selena – were waiting to get into a Nickelodeon concert. Somehow she didn’t think it was cool for them to be swearing around so many younger kids and soccer moms.

                “That guy was old enough to be my dad,” Crystal continued to pout.

                “Get over it,” Stephanie teased her. “What’s an old guy like that doing at a backstage meet with Big Time Rush, anyway?”

                “Right? What, is he a fan of the band?”

                The girls were laughing, but Christopher and Selena popped up with excitement. “Look, they’re opening the doors!” Selena squealed. “We’re going to meet Big Time Rush!”

                “Yay,” Stephanie replied, but she was only making fun. She and Crystal had been fans of the band ever since they heard ‘Boyfriend’ play for the first time on the local radio. Crystal was determined to get Logan Henderson to notice her, and Stephanie had an undying crush on James Maslow. Selena loved all of the boys, but especially Kendall Schmidt. And Chris thought he was ‘too cool’ to be a fan, but he admired Carlos Pena, Jr. the most.

                Stephanie and Crystal smiled at each other, both too excited to speak. Crystal was Filipino and a little on the short side, but the pretty girl-next-door type with large brown eyes and long black hair. Stephanie was the ‘skyscraper’ – one of the taller girls to graduate from their high school last year. She usually wore her dark hair in micro braids, glasses over her dark brown eyes, and had a permanent tan to her honey-colored skin. Little Selena looked like a mini version of Crystal, but Chris looked more like Stephanie’s dad than Stephanie – he had an intelligent smile and proud round face.

                “Hey, everyone!” the backstage manager greeted the crowd, and the fans screamed together. “In just a few minutes I’m going to introduce you to the band. Make sure you keep your backstage pass wristbands on, and if you have any gifts to give to the band, hand them over to security before you come in so that everything runs smoothly. First, we’re going to have a sit-down meeting with Big Time Rush, and they’ll answer some of your questions and have a sing-along. After that, everyone will get a chance to take a picture with Big Time Rush and share their gifts one at a time. There will be a period where you can buy merchandise, and then the concert will begin! Let me know if you have any questions, okay?”