Part 3

[Have you read parts 1 and 2? If not, look for them here on Wattpad! The conclusion to the story comes soon...]

“Stab that stupid gun into my shoulder one more time, and—”

                “And what?” the fake security guard dared Kendall. Then Selena screamed as Kendall’s fist punched into the man’s jaw.

                “Kendall!” someone in the group cried.

                “Dude, it’s not worth it! It’s not worth your life!” Logan shouted. “Just cool down!”

                But it was too late. Another gunman had Kendall by the throat, and the barrel of his Uzi was aimed dangerously close to Kendall’s eye.

                “That sucker punch just ended your world, big time,” the man sneered at the blond leader of the music group. “Oh, yeah. You have no idea how a machine gun is going to feel blasting through your skull. I’ll treat you like any kind of guy, like nobody’s around. Got it, superstar?

                “Real freakin’ hilarious!” Carlos shouted in retaliation ... but there was nervousness in his voice. Stephanie could tell.

                “‘Cause the world stops, when I pop a clip into ya, into ya’...”

                “Don’t shoot him!” Selena wailed while the fake guard continued to tease with his song. “Please don’t hurt my best singer! He’s my favorite! Please!

                “That’s enough,” the leader of the killer group said, and that was all it took for his friend to lower his gun. “Not yet.”               

                There were those words again: not yet. It meant that they really were planning to kill the kids. Stephanie felt a chill.

                But what were they waiting for? And what was the point of driving the kids and the band all the way to a clinic, only to shoot everyone in sight? How could a doctor help James if all the doctors in the building were dead?

                The man behind her pushed his gun into her back, so Stephanie kept moving down the hallway along with the others. She was really proud of Christopher, who had been quiet and mostly okay even after all the horrible things he had witnessed in the clinic alone. None of the guys were bothering him, allowing him to whisper a conversation with Carlos as if they were close brothers. Sometimes Crystal tried to start a fight with her kidnapper, but after Kendall’s showdown it seemed like nobody wanted to take any more chances. There was no escaping the men now. The kids were being led away to their doom.

                And poor, miserable James. He was shuffling along, using the wall for support and leaving behind a smeared streak of his blood. How can these people be so cruel? Stephanie wondered. Clearly James was fighting just to keep from passing out!

                “Are you a doctor?” Crystal shouted. “Because James really isn’t looking so hot!”

                “I’m okay,” James muttered, but the sweat had soaked his shirt to dark blue.

                “You know, Big Time Rush are real people, too!” Crystal continued to rant. “They have families and friends that care about them somewhere! You’re totally crazy to steal the guys while they’re on tour! They’re just performers, they’re not gods! I can’t wait for the police to track us down and pay you all back for what you’ve done to innocent people today.”