Chapter Five

Ryder's POV
"That's my sister." That was my sister. I hadn't been present when a new girl had been taken into custody, but I knew from Pan's description of her that it was Natalie. Oh God... I had never wanted her to be here. I was hoping she would never get near the Pied Piper. How could this happen? How did she end up on this cursed place?

Pan just gave me a sly smirk, which only meant that he enjoyed this turn of events. "Indeed she is. She ended up here because she is lost."

I shook my head, refusing to believe it. Little Nat wasn't lost. She wasn't. I refused to let this happen to her. "No, she isn't. She's not lost. She has—"

He instantly cut me off, his smile widening. "She has who? Your father left you both, your mother died, and then you left her. I wouldn't say she has much to live for anymore. She is lost, and she desperately wants a family. We are her new family."

"No! I won't let you do this to her! She's just a girl who wants love! All you want is more victims for your control! That's why you lured me into the woods!" Pan had lured me into his clutches with his notorious Pan flute, hypnotizing me into following him. Only children who felt lost could hear it. I felt lost because...because of Mom and Dad. They had left us for good, and I had to take care of Nat all by myself. I loved my baby sister, but I knew how hard that would be, being an orphan with her.

A quiet yet completely mocking chuckle emanated from his lips, showing how lowly he thought of me. "You really think you can stop me, Ryder? You chose to come with me. You chose to leave her."

"You tricked me, Pan! You wanted someone else to control, so you took me from my sister."

"And now she is here with you. Brother and sister reunited. What could be the problem?" His green eyes twinkled, his evil coming off of him in waves. He enjoyed this. He enjoyed tormenting me with my sister. She didn't deserve to be here. She should be home, far away from this treacherous boy. He was hardly a boy. He was a demon.

"The problem is that she's here. I'd rather her be an orphan at home than with me here. It sounds selfish but I don't want her with you. You're going to torment her because that's what you do. You torment us all with your games—"

His hand was inside my chest. What came out of me was my glowing red heart, pulsating in his hand. My mouth was wide open, and I felt adrenaline kick into my system. Oh no. "Pan, Pan what are you doing?! Please don't take my heart—" I fell to my knees, pain shooting through me as his fingers closed tighter over my heart. It stayed that way for a few seconds, and I felt like I was going to die. Was he going to kill me right now? To keep me away from warning Nat about Pan?

A release. I felt a release of the pain from my body, and I noticed that Pan had loosened his grip on my heart. He stared it for a moment, examining it closely. "Ryder, remember who you answer to. You will be a good Lost Boy, and speak nothing of this argument. Natalie will remain here, and you will convince her of how wonderful this island really is. I am putting you in charge of her for the day at least. Understand?"

He crushed my heart a little more, just to show how in control of me he really was. I cried out in pain, and managed to choke out, "Y-yes Pan!"

Release.

PAN YOU SLY DEVIL
THERE YOU GO AGAIN TAKING HEARTS
NOT THE MOST WELL BEHAVED BOY ON THE ISLAND
HOPE YOU LIKED IT
Sammie <3