Chapter 12

Chapter 12                Niall POV                  Day 8 of Tour: On the Road

“You should be ready to head home soon,” the doctor told me. He looked down at his clipboard before glancing up at me past his glasses. “How’s the bump feel?”

“It’s fine,” I instinctively went up to touch the lump under my messy hair. “Doesn’t hurt at all.”

He nodded. “That’s good. Remember to ease off of that foot, and don’t use your left thumb too much.”

“Yes sir.”

The doctor tucked my papers under his arm. He went to leave the room, his hand lingering on the doorknob before he turned to smile at me. “And boy,” He tried to hide his amusement. “Try to stay away from diving boards.”

I blushed, clearing my throat. “Okay,” I tried to smile behind embarrassment.

Doctor laughed, finally leaving the room. I sighed. I swung my legs off the hospital bed and jumped to the cold linoleum floor. Bending down to get my bag, I heard the door slowly open again.

“Niall!” Charlotte sang. I twisted around to see her and my four guys standing at the door.

Charlotte ran over to me and went in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her tightly. It wasn’t five seconds before she pulled away, and firmly took my face in both hands. “Are you alright? What hurts?” She turned my face to both sides, inspecting every inch of me.

“I’m fine.” I laughed. She raised a brow, obviously doubting me. “I’m serious. The doctor said it was no big deal. Just a strained ankle and a broken thumb.”

Charlotte sighed. She reached up on her tiptoes to delicately touch the small scratch on my neck. “I should have stayed here last night.”

“He wasn’t dying or anything.” Harry picked up my bag and said. “It was a clumsy fuck up.” He caught my eye and winked. “He was just a bit distracted, that’s all.”

I widened my eyes.

“What do you mean?” Charlotte asked innocently, her gorgeous eyes never trailing from my bandaged thumb she presently inspected.

“Nothing.” I groaned.

Zayn and Louis laughed, making me blush and Charlotte confused. “What’s so funny, hmm?”

Harry came up behind her and threw an arm over her shoulder. “Oh it’s nothing, love.” I sighed of relief until I saw him whisper in her ear, “I’ll tell you later.”

“No you won’t,” I wanted to say. There was no way I was letting any of them tell her I fell while staring at her. I mean, I had seen some beautiful girls before but that was… different. Girls would throw their tops off quite often- but Charlotte wasn’t like anyone I had ever seen before. Just the way she flipped her thick hair away from her face sent me over the edge. Literally. One look at her and I went head over heels off of that board.

“Okay…” Charlotte looked up at me curiously. Her cute little nose wiggled.

Liam wandered over and changed the subject. “Crazy Eagle guy is waiting for us outside; the bus is ready and running. We have to leave for Vegas here soon.”

“VEGAS!” Louis hooted. “I love me some Vegas!”

“Do we have to get back on that thing?” Zayn sighed.

“It’s only a five hour drive.”

Charlotte stepped towards the door. “I’m going to run to the bathroom first: I’ll meet you guys out there, okay?”