Chapter Four: Retribution

Friday Night Smackdown - Feb. 24th, 2012 - Armageddon in 2 days - 7: 32 p.m. - Before Show

Backstage

I was talking to Alicia Fox and Kaitlyn, when Zack Ryder came up to us with a grin.

"Woo, woo, wooo," he said, looking us up and down.. "You ladies look totally hot tonight..!"

"Thanks, Zack," Alicia said. "But none of us are going out with you."

"That's cool, I'm just naturally a nice guy.."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled anyway. "Sure, Zack. Whatever you say."

"Well, I'll see you beauties later.. Especially you, Alicia." Then he winked at her and left.

Alicia shook her head. "When is he gonna realize that he's never gonna have me again?"

"I don't think he'd realize it if you wrote it on a sticky-note and put it on your forehead," Kaitlyn joked.

We started laughing..

That's when Edge walked over to us and said, "Hey, guys.. do you mind giving Kelly and I a minute?"

Kaitlyn and Alicia looked at eachother ..then looked at me. "Okay.." 

So Edge and I were now alone.

He turned to me with a slightly nervous expression.. 

"Hey, um.. I just wanted to ask you something."

"Ask me what?" My heart was beating faster than usual.

"I have this match against Randy Orton tonight... and I was wondering if you wanted to come out with me and watch.. you know, at ringside."

"I'd love to.."

"Great.. So, uh.. I guess this means that you and I are.."

I nodded, knowing what he meant. "I guess so..."

Adam smiled.. 

Then he leaned over and kissed me. 

,.. I loved the way he ran his fingers through my hair and held me.. very.. close to him..

So far...

Best Kiss Ever.

10:47 - Main Event

Randy went out and made his entrance first.. Then Edge's theme started and we walked out onto the stage together.. 

The audience was completely electric as they screamed and cheered for us both.

"Introducing his opponent, accompanied by Kelly Kelly, from Toronto, Ontario Canada, weighing at 240 pounds... The Rated-R Superstar.." I went in front and he held my waist in position.. "Edge!!!"

He shot his hands up in the air and I posed as the fireworks exploded from the ground.

We walked down the ramp and I clapped for him. "This crowd is awesome," he said to me. 

"I know!" I told him, with a smile. 

Then he ran toward the ring and slipped inside, under the bottom rope. He paused for a minute, then jumped back up..

I walked around the side of the ring and touched some of the fans' outstretched hands..

After Edge went up and did his signature pose up on the turnbuckle, he stepped down and took off his Rated-R Superstar leather jacket.. He handed it to me. I smiled and put it on.

Then the bell was rung and the match started... Randy glanced at me with a cold expression, before turning his attention back to Edge. 

I adjusted the jacket and touched my hair casually as if trying to shake off that harsh look he just gave me. 

...

So the match started and unfortuneatly, "The Viper" was in control. And each time he'd kick Edge while he was on the ground, his eyes traveled across the ring and onto me.

Why does he keep looking at me like that? .. I haven't been bothering him for two weeks and counting and he's still pissed off with me (more than usual)? For what?

I gave him the same look .. which caused him to move toward me. I backed away, nervously, then Edge hit him from behind. 

From there, Edge took control and managed to get a 2-count several times..

Finally, the Rated-R Superstar stepped back into the corner and stooped down, ready to do a Spear. 

The WWE universe got behind him and watched to see what would happen.. 

When Randy got to his feet, Edge ran to Spear him but he moved out the way and pushed him all the way into the steel pole in the corner..

I held my hands together, hoping that he was okay.

Randy shoved him out of the ring and he fell onto the floor. I got out of the way and stood next to Booker T at the annouce table..

Randy went to pick him up but Edge countered and hit him in the stomach. Then he got up and held Randy's neck and threw him face-first into the steel pole.. Then Edge picked him up, walked over to the steel steps and hit his face down on it.. 

Orton dropped helplessly to the ground.

Edge took a few seconds to catch his breath, then stepped all the way back for another attempt at the Spear.

... Randy was finally on his feet again and turned around slowly.. Then Edge charged forward to spear him, but suddenly Randy grabbed me and pushed me... I felt Edge's hard shoulder smash into my stomach and my head hit the ground, hard.

.... 

........

...........

.. I moaned in pain...

my head was throbbing... 

... I could barely move...

That's when I heard a song playing..

... and it wasn't Edge's...

...

I held my stomach and opened my eyes...

...My vision was a little blurry...

...But standing over me...

.. was a smiling Randy Orton..