Ch 3. Body language

walking to work as usual.
I don't see him in the bookstore today.
Why did I look? Why do I care?
Whatever. Time to ask edbo some questions.

"Goodmorning lovely!"
She's always so loud. -excuse me, he.
It's new to me. I've known him for three years. Everything and nothing is different.

"Let me use your social understanding
real quick."
"Fire away."
"What does winking signify?"
"If you don't know what it means, how do you know what it's called?"
"I know things; just not..all the things."
He rolls his eyes at me. Gestures, man. Fucking annoying as hell.
"Well, it can mean trust me, or it can mean I'm lying.. Oh! It can also mean
Flirt with me.

That's just fucking irritating.
Why can't we have a direct, straight forward, FUCKING CONVERSATION.
no point in doing all this extra shit.

We've been working for an hour or so,
And he calls me up to the counter.
"Kilei, come here."
"Why?"
"You want me to teach you about nonverbal cues, right?"
"Fine." I drudge over, and stand behind the pastry box.
"You see that guy right there? The one sitting alone?" I nod. Shit, it's him.
"You see how he's tapping his fingers, barely paying attention to the book in his hand? He seems to be waiting for someone, or trying to get noticed by someone, because, every time the door opens, he tightens up and try's to look like he's deep into the book, but once he looks up to see who walked in, he relaxes. Probably not who he wanted."
"How did you figure that?"
He smiles. "I've done the exact same thing. I know why he's here."
"That's not true. He could be a murderer, trying to meet with his newest victim-to-be?"
He crosses his arms. "You need to trust me if I'm going to teach you, ok?"

"Whatever." I shrug and walk back to the machines. Cleaning and making generic drinks. I don't know how we sell this shit. Eh. To each his own.

Who is he waiting for? Why is he waiting here? No no no, I don't give a fuck, right? He's just someone I met and now we are back to comfortable strangers.

Edbo's girlfriend showed up at the counter. Her name was the definition of cute: Veronica. We called her vero.
Vero and Edbo were such a cute couple.
She ordered the only decent drink:
hot peppermint tea.

Even though I can't feel what they feel,
I understand why they're together.
She's perfect, and so is Edbo.

My shift is over. August left. Meh.

Maybe I should read the book he gave me.. Wouldn't hurt.

Ok so I know this chapter is all over the place, but it'll make sense when the next chapter comes out. Please comment and vote!! Lovelove ppl!!!! Might post again today;)