11. Intimate Affairs

The drive from the mall and back home should've taken less than twenty minutes in all but due to incoming traffic, we found ourselves reaching the apartment a little under an hour and perhaps walking in on the last two people on this earth that I ever wanted to see again. 

"Ah, so you must be Victoria." Nikolai started, wasting no time in making a dramatic entrance and rushing over towards the woman who seemed rather taken back with how upfront Nikolai was.

"How charming. I get to meet more of Lucifer's little friends. What a lucky girl I've turned out to be today." That sweet, sultry tone of hers would've come off as enchanting if it were anyone else, especially with that megawatt smile she was shooting Nikolai's way as she shook his outstretched hand. It was an act, of course, anyone with two eyes could see that. Hell, even a blind man could see that.

"Well be it like a beautiful woman like yourself, it would only make sense that luck would be the only thing you would find your way." Charming as ever, Nikolai placed a chaste kiss upon Victoria's knuckles before making his over to the bar to whip himself up a drink. He made a deliberate point however in brushing, or should I say shoving, into Lucifers arm as he walked past. The duo sharing a certain look between each other, like a silent a conversation only understood by the two of them before looking away altogether.

"And here I thought Luci over would be hiding you from me but yet here we are. Crossing paths with one another in less than a day." Having barely enough time to register her move across the room, the air was all but knocked out of me as two slender arms wrapped themselves around my body and squeezed as though intent to break every bone I had. This new found affection caught me off guard and left me awkwardly patting the small of her back only to retract my hand at the feel of her bare flesh beneath my hand. The form fitting dress that Victoria sported seemed innocent in the front but proved to have a different story when it came to what she was concealing in the back.

"I wasn't even aware he was hiding me in the first place." I managed to spit out, looking across the foyer and finally coming in contact with the man of the hour himself. Oddly enough, unlike how yesterday Lucifer seemed just about ready to rip Victoria a new one, he seemed rather at ease. Happy in fact as he took a drink out of his shot glass before slamming it back down against the marble table located as the centerpiece of the foyer. I was doubtful the liquor had made him this relaxed since, in prior dates, alcohol has proven to have little effect on him altogether.

"I haven't been hiding her Victoria. You, however, need to restrain yourself from calling me by that ridiculous nickname and by my proper name for once."

Like my lord, I thought.

Victorias grip finally faltered from around me as she addressed Lucifer full on, prancing up to him until they were only a hairs breath away from one another. Her face lining up perfectly with the base of his chin even with three-inch heels she wore.

"Aw, well I'm quite fond of the name, Luci. It adds a childlike quality to your whole demeanor, even if you tend to be anything but." Victoria said, a manicured finger trailing up the front of Lucifers blue silken shirt before teasingly running a few lazy circles against the unbuttoned collar at the top. All but revealing the smooth olive skin underneath.

I would've thought for sure Lucifer would've made an attempt to slap her hand away but when I realized he seemed tempted to do the exact opposite, I took this as my cue to step in. "Not that I'm not happy that you're here Victoria but I have to ask as why to your here exactly?" I said, trying to sound as friendly as possible but with the cheeky look Nikolai sent me I had a feeling it sounded anything but.

The trance put under the duo seeming to come to an end as they both gave me the attention I desired, though with looks seeming more irritated than I expected.

"Well, I'll have you know that after yesterday's events, Luci and I decided it would be to settle our differences over dinner. With maybe a nice bottle of white wine if we're really feeling crazy." She added, tapping the front of Lucifers chest to empathize her point.

Lucifer for the first time seemed annoyed with her words, rolling his eyes as she spoke. "You mean after I called you and you insisted we eat at your favorite restaurant."

"Which you'll thank me for when you see how good their food truly is. We have a lot of catching up to do and discussing such matters over an expensive plate of food will only make the evening go that much smoother." Victoria chided, her words seeming eager as she pointedly nudged Lucifer in the direction of the front door.

My mind, however, was still stuck on the part that Lucifer had been the one to call her.

"Very well, let us make good of whatever time is left in the day. After you," Ever the gentleman, Lucifer made sure to open the door for Victoria, allowing her to walk ahead before making his way behind. I was but sure he was going to completely ignore me altogether until he cast a quick glance in my direction. Only this time where his exchange with Nikolai had been coded, the silent rage within his eyes was all too obvious. I was taken back, not sure how to react to suddenly becoming the harbinger of such anger but I didn't get time to before the door was slammed shut behind him, drowning out the sound of my jaw hitting the ground soon after.

"What the hell did you do now?" Came Nikolai's voice from beside me. He seemed just as shocked as I was. If anything I should be the one mad at him and not the other way round.

"I'm not a praying man but I'll be sure to pray for you tonight if he perhaps returns with that murderous glint still within his eyes. Lord knows your going to need it to hold a brute like him back."

"Lucifer would never lay a hand on me," I said, certainty in my words since I knew what I said to be the absolute truth. Lucifer, though unpredictable at times, would most likely beat himself senseless before laying his hand upon a woman that way. I've seen him practically slaughter thugs for doing so to their own wives and would have a hard time believing Lucifer would stoop to such a level.

"Then what the hell did you do then?"

The million dollar question it seemed. One where I could only answer with the only response that came to mind,

"I have absolutely no idea, Nikolai."

*****

Sorry, it's a little short. I wanted to save all the juicy parts for when the next chapter comes out, which might I add will be much longer 😉

Make sure to vote, comment, eat, poop, watch Netflix, etc. All the things that make us productive individuals of society.

P.S. To ease some confusion, this book was once known as Devil's Advocate but I changed the title to Dark Desires.