Chapter 16

Twilight's P.O.V.

I rushed to the school hall with Spike at my heels. I burst into the hall, streaked across and went into the broom cabinet like a maniac.

"You okay Twilight?" I heard Fluttershy ask.

"Yes!" I shouted.

"What am I gonna do, Spike? If I don't go back tonight, the portal will be closed! And I won't be able to go home," I said gloomily.

Spike sat still for awhile, in deep thought.

"Tell them the truth," he finally said.

"But if they find out how different I am, won't they think I'm crazy and leave me alone? We don't even know whether they would rally around me," I said, feeling downcast.

"But Twilight, they are your friends. Just in another world. Like the thing you were telling me about. Para...para..."

"Parallel universe."

"Like you told me, they will still be able to remember even the tiniest bit. Just tell them the truth."

"Fine then..."

I walked out of the cabinet.

"You alright?" Applejack asked, worried.

"I have something to say-"

"You're actually from an alternate world and you're pony princess there and your crown actually has a magical element embedded in it that powers up other magical elements and without it they don't work any more and you need them to protect your magical world and if you don't go back tonight, you'll be stuck here for a really really long time!" Pinkie interrupted, saying everything in a single breath.

My mouth dropped open.

"I'm pretty sure that's not what Twilight wanted to say," Rainbow muttered.

"Nope, she's pretty much spot on," Spike spoke.

I flashed a warning to him. Too late. "He can talk?" Rarity was near shrieking.

"Yup," Spike said.

Fluttershy pushed the others aside excitedly. "This is so amazing! Tell me, what are you thinking right now?!"

Spike went to sit beside Rarity's legs. "Sure would like a scratch behind me old ears," he said.

"Gahhhhhh," Rarity answered.

"Maybe later," he said crestfallen.

"How did you know all that?" I asked Pinkie.

"Just a hunch," she answered.

"Wait a minute! Lemme get this straight, you're a pony?" Applejack asked.

"You're a princess?" Rarity said.

"You're from another world?" Fluttershy gasped.

I nodded my head slowly.

"That is AWESOME!!!"

They all surrounded me and started asking tons of questions.

"I told you," Spike whispered.

"I'm glad you followed me here," I whispered back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I didn't mention Spike earlier. I totally forgot about him. Sorry if this isn't really up to your expectations....

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for all the great comments!