Chapter Nine

Cemil's POV

A week has passed since I came back from that house with Zack. When I got home, things were never the same anymore.

Uncle Liam was an emotional mess. Him and his husband were having a divorce since the husband cheated on him. He claimed he wanted a child and that Liam could never give him one, so he cheated. Which was a really stupid excuse to me because if he had wanted a child, he could have thought about that before marrying my uncle. And there were so many ways that they could have used to get a child if they needed one. Liam told me that he had been asking him to adopt but he refused so many times. And that's why Liam made the school because he wanted to spend time with kids. So the husband's excuse was really not making sense. I was just glad my uncle was divorcing his sorry ass.

But still divorce wasn't easy. The marriage was something my uncle treasured most and now he was ending it all. He just never dreamt of such a thing to happen.

So I let my uncle stay home and I handled things at the school. It wasn't easy but I managed it all. Yesterday I had interviews since I was trying to employ a new secretary and I found a perfect one for the job.

His name was Marcel. I thought employing a lady would put my uncle on edge, so I settled on a male secretary. And he was the best from all that I interviewed.

Marcel started working today and I, for the first time in a week, got some break. I went to the office in the morning and after making sure Marcel was doing his job well, I left after lunch. I had a lot of things to do at home.

Cleaning.

Since my uncle was incapable of cleaning, I had to do the work. I didn't trust calling some stranger to clean for me, so when I got home, I gladly started on the chore.

"CJ!"

"Yes uncle!"

I quickly turned on the washing machine and then ran to uncle Liam's bedroom where he was spending the day today. Sometimes he could sleep on the couch in the sitting room all day.

"Charles has been calling. He says you should answer your phone."

He said and I patted my jean pockets but I found them empty of the device. I left Liam's room and went searching for my phone. I couldn't remember where I had put it so it was a mess, as I searched everyplace I had been and that was the whole house.

When I still couldn't find it, I went in the laundry room and searched all the pile of clothes I had, that were waiting for their turn in the machine. Luckily I found it and there was 37missed calls from Charles.

I sat on the couch and was about to call him when he called my phone once again.

"Hello big bro." I cooed cutely just to ease the lecture I knew was coming about not answering his call.

"Don't 'big bro' me. Where the hell was your phone?"
I sighed knowing my cute voice didn't work its magic.

"I'm sorry bro. I left it in my room and I was doing laundry."

"Fine. Just keep the phone on you at all times. You never know when you gonna need it, okay?" He said worriedly and I smiled.

He was just being careful and that was expected of my brothers. DJ called me yesterday asking how I was and if it had been him that I wasn't answering the calls, he would have drove here to check on me.