Chapter Twenty-Two

Cemil's POV

"What is this you are saying Jonathan?" I yelled at him.

How dare he? How dare he suggested such a thing to me? Who did he thought he was?

"You heard me CJ. You'll have to be indoors until we do the mating ceremony. It is for your safety and our tradition." He said carelessly. The least he could have done was asking me nicely but no. He decided ordering me to stay inside the house for two weeks is the best. If he thought I'd just say yes to it then he has another thing coming.

"No. I will never do that. I have a job to go to. I'll be fine. No need for unnecessary protections."

"Don't be so stubborn Cemil. You will do as I say or else-"

"Or else what?

"Don't push me!" He threatened with a growl.

I took a step away from him, not wanting to stay closer to a growling Jonathan. He looked at me with angry eyes and I knew he was minute away from hitting me. But he would never do such a thing. I stayed silent not wanting to try my luck with him. He turned around and stomped out the door.

I slumped on the floor and started sobbing. Things haven't been easy with Jonathan. He is a very close minded difficult person. He could have told me about their tradition in details and not just do things on his own and order me around. He didn't even tell me that I'll have to move in with him until this morning when he came to pick me up. Shouldn't I be knowing these things so that I understand what is expected of me?

"Hello."

I looked up, startled at hearing unfamiliar voice in the room that Jonathan prepared to be mine as I'll be living in their family house. A young man stood by the door with a smile on his face which turned into a frown when he saw me. I quickly wiped my face dry and stood up from the ground.

"What is wrong? Why are you crying? Did uncle J make you cry?" He asked so many questions that I didn't know what to say for a while.

"Who are you?" I asked instead of answering him.

"Oh I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself first before all that." He said shyly. "I'm Benjamin, but you can call me Benja. Jonathan is my uncle but I prefer uncle J. I'm not a hybrid, I'm a werewolf omega. I went to medical school and got my degree. I'm not a doctor though, I prefer teaching in highschool but I can help people when they need me as a doctor. I don't live with the family though. I live alone in another state while teaching in a highschool there. I came here because I heard that my favorite uncle has a mate now. I was told you are living here so I rushed here at once only to find you crying. Did my uncle do something to hurt you?" The young man, Benja, rumbled. Thankfully I managed to keep up with his rumbling and when he asked the question, I shook my head.

"No he didn't. I was just-"

"I'm good at dictating lies. I'm called a lie detector in my family. Now please tell me what my uncle did, if you don't mind sharing that is." Benja said and I scoffed. This man was really something.

"If you insist on knowing, well, your uncle just told me that I have to stay in this house for two weeks. He says it's your tradition or something." I told him and he smiled. I didn't even know what was amusing him.

"I'm sorry about my uncle's behavior. Uncle only does that when he feels threatened by something. You are very good looking, so I know why he is acting like that. He doesn't want anyone claiming you before the mating ceremony thus telling you to be locked up in the house. Yes there is such a tradition but it does not mean you should not go anywhere. You can go to places with an escort, just to make sure you are safe. He's your mate, he gets worried about you and I don't know how he thought keeping you inside would keep you safe, he's just threatened I guess."